Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

January 15th, 2004 16:00

Norton Antivirus for Windows Server 2000

What Norton Antivirus Software is compatable for use with Windows Server 2000?

2.5K Posts

January 17th, 2004 10:00

Hi Krisn,

This link from Symantec leads to a tool for determining the best product for your needs and applications:

http://enterprisesecurity.symantec.com/content/solutions.cfm

Thanks for using the Dell Community Forums!

3 Posts

February 19th, 2004 02:00

I currently have clients running both the Norton Suite of tools and McAfee/NAI Suite.  I am partial to McAfee because of thier ePolicy Orchestrator, and thier new Groushield 6 product.  McAfee had funky problems with thier DAT files corrupting thus the product needed to be reinstalled.  But, those bugs have now seemed to be fixed in thier new 7.1 software.  I dont like nortons Mail Security for Exchange product as much as I like Groupshield.  I have seen more viruses get by the Norton products, but I am sure there are a bunch of techs out there that would say the same about McAfee.

55 Posts

June 28th, 2004 00:00

corperate version of vav works on both server and WS

2 Posts

June 26th, 2018 13:00

I would recommend Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition for Windows server 2000. You can also check with

https://callsupport.org/norton-antivirus-support/  to get more antivirus suggestion for Windows server 2000.

June 4th, 2019 04:00

What are the steps that can be taken if Norton is not connecting to the server?

The updating of anti-virus of Norton and other computer protection software is done constantly via a built-in feature that is called Live update. If in case, Norton is unable to connect to the server so as to access the newest update, then your computer could be vulnerable to virus attacks and malware. If you have restarted your computer and it is still not working, there might be the need for removing and rebooting the program to ensure that your copy is not corrupted.

Reboot and Check Internet Access

When you face any problem related to your computer or program, the first troubleshooting measure that can be taken is rebooting. Rebooting means resetting your system and shaking any electronic quirks loose in order to promote the proper operation. Once your computer restarts, you can verify whether you have access to the internet by opening your web browser.

For more: Norton Installation

1 Message

November 27th, 2019 03:00

I used AVAST PRO antivirus for my laptop Windows 7 Ultimate for 3 years for my personal use, now I have switched to Norton and it's giving frequent updates and there are some other issues like when I update it takes little longer than AVAST and there are issues facebook. If it is possible, help me, someone regarding this topic.

March 14th, 2020 10:00

I have recently installed the Norton Antivirus and being using Windows 2000 on my Dell PC. But the problem I am facing from the few days is turning off the system randomly. Can someone help to solve this issue?

No Events found!