Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JM

March 13th, 2018 21:00

Windows Home Server (WHS) v1 on PE 2950

I have friend who is married to WHS v1.  His hardware recently bit the dust, and he purchased a refurb'd PE2950.  After studying the situation, my plan is to use nLite to create a modified WHS install DVD adding the PERC 6i drivers.  However, I cannot seem to locate 32-bit version of these drivers.  Could someone please send me the appropriate link?  My thanks.

9 Posts

March 14th, 2018 07:00

Never mind - I finally located it.  

The file name is:  DELL_MULTI-DEVICE_A07_R211422.exe

It's located (until Dell hides it again) here:  https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=GHNKT

It sure be nice if Dell made these things a little less challenging to hunt down.

WHS v1 is installing on the PE2950 (III) as I type this.

Cheers, all!

9 Posts

March 16th, 2018 07:00

Just to put a bow on this thread....

1) the nLite install disk failed to make the drivers available, but I didn't bother to investigate further (could certainly be user error) since the the install queries for the location of the drivers, and the install recognized a USB flash drive.  Select the OEMSETUP.INF file from contents of the extracted PERC driver file (listed above).  So if I had to do it all over again, I would just use the regular install disk.

2) Broadcom drivers needed to be installed for the LAN, the correct file (which I used AFTER the install completed) is Bcom_LAN_10_30_W2K3_A04.EXE (again, using a USB flash drive).  This extracts several files into a directory structure, and somewhere in there is the SETUP file, run it and the ethernet card will be good to go.  

3) There were a billion updates (the install disk is current through Power Pack 1) which ultimately completed after many reboots, and the server is now updated to Power Pack 3, which apparently was where Microsoft sunsetted it before moving to WHS 2011.

4) With 4 of the 6 hard drive slots full of 2TB Sata drives, and the system drive on a 148 GB Sata drive, the server now has 7.4 TB, with one HD slot still open.

No Events found!