Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2021 05:00

Dell 3020M Desktop SM Bus Driver

Hi 

I have recently bought one of these which came with no HDD, i have installed windows 10, and downloaded the chip set drivers off the dell site, I started with the latest drivers but will have the bellow unrecognised in device manager, please could someone advise, i have also tried the 2 older drivers, done the bios update.

CAH1982_0-1616158784310.png

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 19th, 2021 07:00

According to Intel  CLICK ME the chipset drivers should define it.

I would do a CMOS Memory (BIOS) reset as a first step.  If the BIOS is not recognizing it or properly recognizing it then Windows will not.  Considering its used I would just replace the CR2032 battery.  They are cheap and available almost everywhere,  To reset CMOS/BIOS memory, power off PC, disconnect AC power cord then hold the power button for a short period to drain any residual power supply power.  Open the case and locate the CR2032 battery on the motherboard.  Remove battery but wait 5 minutes before installing the new battery.  Power on and see if that fixes it.  If not reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers.   If that does not fix it, I would suspect a hardware problem on the motherboard (maybe why it was sold used).

Support for OptiPlex 3020 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

3 Posts

March 19th, 2021 09:00

Cheers,

Everything on the unit appears to work, i will try battery, but BIOS update went fine and i loaded defaults before installing windows 10, ive already tried the intel chipset but get this error

0x00004e24 this platform is not supported

thansk

Carl

3 Posts

March 19th, 2021 10:00

cheers, downloaded both files in that link, not ones off dells support pages, one failed to install, other worked fine and is recognised

the chipset drivers was first i went to install, but windows had done a load of updates prior to doing drivers

3 Posts

December 20th, 2021 12:00

I have this same issue and same Hardware IDs.  But none of the links take me any where for the download for the driver?  Can someone help?  I have the same 3020M model.

3 Posts

December 20th, 2021 13:00

If anyone can send me the correct links to fix this issue would be appreciated.  Thanks

No Events found!