Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2012 16:00

wireless mouse and computer not working

I have an Inspiron 5305. After downloading Microsoft essentials neither my wireless keyboard or mouse will work. They are not recognized. I have plugged a wired keymoard and  mouse to send this message.

June 14th, 2012 16:00

Hi,

My name is Savinder and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

Please follow the steps to fix the issue –

1. Reestablish the wireless connection on the keyboard.
    1. Press and release the connect button on the keyboard, and then press and release the connect button on the receiver.
    2. Wait 30 seconds for the connection to complete.
  2. Verify that the receiver is at least 8 inches away from other electronic devices.
  3. Open Control Panel, double-click Accessibility Options (Ease of Access in Windows Vista), and confirm that all of the checkboxes are unchecked.
  4. Remove the batteries from the keyboard and install new alkaline batteries.
  5. Restart the computer and wait for the Desktop to appear.
  6. Reestablish the wireless connection on the keyboard.

7. If the keyboard still doesn't work, shut down the computer and reseat all of the connections between the receiver and the computer. Check the cables and ports for damage while reseating.
  • The ports on the computer appear to be damaged: Replace the System Board
  • The cabling or connectors appear to be damaged: Replace the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set
  1. If there is no evident damage, power on the computer and wait for the Desktop to appear. If the keyboard is still not functioning, replace the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Set.

Hope this resolves the issue, feel free to reply

Thanks,

Dell - Savinder S 

No Events found!