Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2009 16:00

Shipping with FedEx Home Delivery

I placed an order on 7/8/09 and got the followup call on Thursday making sure I placed the order. Later that day I got an email saying that my order had shipped. I went to the accounts site and looked at the order and under "Shipping Information" it says this:

Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Shipped Date: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Estimated Delivery Date: 7/16/2009
Carrier: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Tracking Number: Data Temporarily Unavailable

Keep in mind I'm writing this on 7/11/09, and it hasn't changed since Thursday. Because it doesn't list anything as far as a tracking number or company, I'm expecting it to show up on or near 7/16. I was away from my house for a little bit today and noticed a FedEx truck driving by and didn't think anything of it until I got home and saw the door tag. I called FedEx and Home Delivery doesn't have the service where you can pick it up if you've missed the truck like UPS or FedEx Express. They also have "no way to contact the driver" to tell him to swing by again since I'll be here.

Now I'm having to wait until Tuesday since they operate Tue-Sat. I called Dell support and got "Eddie" with a heavy Indian accent. He said that their order tracking system was down. It seems like their order tracking system has been down for a few days since it has even updated my Order Status since I bought the laptop. I was originally expecting it later this week, and I'm a little upset because I've been reading some horror stories about people having packages being stolen by the employees, and the fact that the FedEx Home Delivery drivers are subcontractors and sometimes take the packages home with them over their weekends, so it's not even in a secure building for those two days. I also wish Dell offered another option for shipping, even if you have to pay more, so you can pick a service where you can pick up your order if you miss the truck.

On a side note, I know the FedEx truck had my laptop because the reference number listed on the tracking is my order number.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 11th, 2009 18:00

Just a comment on status from shipping companies.  I've had UPS shipments (not from Dell) that never showed any update other than the initial date it departed the originating station.  There was never any update on the UPS packing tracking.  I've had this happen several times on shipments.  I've also had UPS shipments that were shown as "out for delivery" and never get delivered on that day and show up the next business day.

3 Posts

September 27th, 2010 17:00

I recently had a shipment stolen in route via fed ex. When i open the package wich appeared to be fully intact, there was an empty product box. Now im having to jump through hoops to try to get it resolved.  i dont know what tier of service im on now but they say they have escalated me twice. The dell service rep even admitted that they are having problems with shipments comming up stolen via fed ex.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 30th, 2010 18:00

FedEx Home isn't the same as regular FedEx. I found that out a few years ago when I tried picking up a package. I thought I'd show up at the FedEx center, but I was told that I'd have to go to the FedEx depot which isn't set up for customer pick-up or drop-off.

No Events found!