Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2012 03:00

XPS15 Wifi adapter not found

Hi,

I am having trouble with my Wifi Driver. I have tried to install the driver many times but when I restart it shows that Wifi adapter is disabled. When I go to Device Manager to enable, In Network adapter, it shows the driver with the yellow triangle and exclamation mark and is already enabled. I dont know if I am missing anything while installing the driver. Last week I called the Dell support center for the same and they told that they can fix it if they get a remote access. But I can only access the internet via Wifi which is not working.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong while installing the driver. Please help.

Regards,

Ashish Saraf

Dell XPS 15 User.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

December 4th, 2012 10:00

Hi Ashish,

You will need to uninstall the WiFi driver that is currently installed from the list in “Programs  and Features”. Download the drivers for the appropriate card that is installed in your computer as XPS 15 ships with various models of the WiFi card. To download the driver for your system configuration, please visit the following link and enter the Service Tag in the “Yes” section and click on “Submit”:
http://dell.to/Qnizfs

On the driver download page, select the “Operating System” and click on “Network”. Download the drivers for the wireless card listed. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

June 27th, 2013 09:00

I am having the same problem, but i can't connect to the internet so I can't download the drivers

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 27th, 2013 09:00

Hi Randome1028,

XPS 15 comes in different variants like XPS 15 (L502X), XPS 15 (L501X), XPS 15 (L521x), XPS 15z (L511z).

Please provide the appropriate system model and operating system installed, I would check and help you further in downloading the WLAN card drivers for the system.

You may also download the WLAN card drivers from the driver’s disc that was shipped with the system.

Please reply for further help.

June 28th, 2013 13:00

I'm not quite sure what variant it is because I bought it last year.

750 Posts

July 1st, 2013 03:00

Hi randome1028,

We can check the system model in BIOS. Restart the computer and tap F2 key repeatedly at the Dell logo to enter BIOS.

Kindly check and let me know the “Product Name” listed in the main screen.

9 Posts

July 5th, 2013 05:00

I had this problem before, so I used another computer to download the drivers. It solved my problem for a few days then it returned again.

3 Posts

October 18th, 2017 13:00

Hi, I have the same problem with my xps 15 9550

It tell me the netword adapter cannot be detected and need to reinstall the driver.

I tried to install all the driver that dell raccoment for my laptop under the voice "network" but most of them for some reason didn't let me installed.

Could you help me to find the right driver please?

Thanks

No Events found!