Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2007 12:00

Problem Activating Bluetooth

Hi all first of all!

So i have an Inspiron E1505/6400 with Windows XP and i am trying to activate the bluetooth for the first time on my notebook.
I have downloaded the 2 drivers available from the Downloads & Drivers in my Dell page account which are : Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module and Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module (Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR)

So when i install the 350 it starts and at instalation time stops and says no bluetooth chip found and stops installation

When i try to install the 355 it starts saying "Activate Bluetooth using Fn+F2 or Radio On/Off Switch" I try to activate it using the Fn+F2 conbination but when i press that only the WIFI starts and so the installation does not continue since i havent found how to turn bluetooth on!

Can you pls help me out with this problem??

Thanks in advance for helping me
Greetz to all
Mystic

Message Edited by Dj_Mystic on 09-22-2007 03:27 PM

18 Posts

September 22nd, 2007 14:00

Yes it does have since on the upper area where the power button is there are the light bulbs of Numlock, CapsLock, Scrollock, WIFI and bluetooth one.

And even more it is listed in the device manager as: Bluetooth Bus Enumerator

I tried the threath that you gave me but still i cannot get it figured out!!

18 Posts

Yes but now how to activate it???

7.9K Posts

i hate to ask this, but are you sure you have bluetooth?

edit:  there are a couple of stickies at the top of this board that relate to BT problems after a clean instal (specifically after downgrading from vista).  You should read them as well.

edit2:  this thread was vista related but might help as well:  http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=si_wireless&message.id=38536

Message Edited by NemesisDB on 09-22-2007 10:40 AM

7.9K Posts

if it's showing up correclty in device manager (no yellow question marks) it sounds like it's already installed...  ?

18 Posts

September 22nd, 2007 15:00

Yes it is bounded with quickset but now there is another problem. I have to make a verygood near the radio network, i can make or remove only the one for WIFI the bluetooth one is there too but it is not available i cannot tick it since it is not available! Edit: I mean the box for the bluetooth network is available but is is locked and i cannot put a verygood in it! Edit: I have now installed the 355 and a bluetooth icon came in the system tray, I right click and pres Enable Bluetooth radio, No again a window comes out saying "Activate BLuetooth Using Fn+F2 or Radio On/Off Switch" I press the Fn+F2 combination and still the WIFI only turns on! Message Edited by Dj_Mystic on 09-22-2007 06:31 PM

Message Edited by Dj_Mystic on 09-22-2007 06:58 PM

7.9K Posts

September 22nd, 2007 15:00

well, I have BT on my computer but it's not provided by dell.  Usually there is a program or icon that controls it (look in the bottom right of the screen).  Dell may have combined it with their network utility, or quickset, or it may be completely seperate.  Is that what you meant by activate it?

70 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 03:00

Try to follow the solutions here and see if it works for your laptop. http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=netwkint&message.id=19400#M19400

18 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 09:00

I used the patch i found in that topic but still i got the Fn+F2 message. I insalled the 355 driver and still cannot find the hardware. I even changed the driver of the BT chipset to the 355. But now it is marked with an ! mark which means its no compatable and so i have to rol it back to brodcom. I dont know what is the problem!!

18 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 10:00

The above screen shot gives you a clear view of what i am asking... How to activate it??

18 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 10:00

70 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 11:00

FYI, I see your MyWebsearch toolbar with Smiley Central, cursermania, etc... I would recommend getting rid of it. In the past, that has been a major problem for repairing systems. That whole toolbar and add-ons are normally loaded with a lot of malware. That may or probably not have anything to do with your problem, but can create system problems in general.

18 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 12:00

Thanks ma8 but pls what about my problem??

70 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 12:00

Since you have done all the different things I would think of to do, try this.....
1.  In add/remove programs, please remove anything to do with Bluetooth (If anything is there)
2. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the 355 and 350 (if it shows as installed). Do NOT try to     search for new hardware here.
3. Reboot the computer
4.  After it reboots, go to Device Manager and see if it found a bluetooth adapter.
5. Install the Fix file
6. Install the Dell 355 driver
7. Report back if that helped.

18 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 13:00

Ok i have uninstalled everything from the control panel, restarted and found no new hardware!! What should i do now??

70 Posts

September 23rd, 2007 13:00

Oops.. how about uninstall the device itself, not just the driver from the device manager!
No Events found!