Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2005 16:00

Please help me exactly what to buy to network step by step!!!

Please help me, I don't know what to buy for our small business.

We have plants in Cleveland and Huston, with our main office in Denver.  The plant in Cleveland has 6 supervisors, and account and a Vice president all on the same floor.  The Huston operation is similar to the one in Cleveland.  The Denver office has 3 small floors, with the President and his secretary on the top floor, 3 accounts and a secretary on the second floor, and 5 marketing personnel, 2 secretaries and a receptionist on the first floor.

We want to tie together PCs and printers in our office, and we want to network all three floors of the main office and have that building connected with the plants in Cleveland and Houston.  I am required to research what computer hardware and peripherals we must buy before we actually hire professional...  We have to determine the hardware and software necessary for connectivity between the different locations.

We may want to consider Fast Ethernet.  Once 3 sites have LANs connected to the net we can setup a VPN (virtual private network) among them to basically make them think there on the same secured network.
There are so many choices makes it difficult to decide exactly what to buy...!
Please help me exactly what to buy to network step by step!

I think..., we just need 8 new desktops and a network printer in Cleveland as well as a plant in Huston.
I am thinking of peer- to- peer network in both Cleveland and Huston.
Also we just need a server, 14 new workstations and 3 network printers in our main office in Denver.
I am thinking of client/server network in Denver.
I really don't know how to network all 3 floor of our main office...
I am going to study a VPN from now on.

I am eagerly waiting for your assistance!

Sincerely,

1 Message

February 6th, 2005 03:00

Dear Sir;

I am currently working as a network administrator on Weekends and am able to assist you in your networking needs. If you are interested please reply to this posting and I will get right back with you. I specialize in small office networks and setup.

6 Posts

February 7th, 2005 12:00

I am sorry that I haven't checked this thread so long.:smileysad:

Thank you very much for your offer...:smileywink:

Where are your networking company?

My husband and his father runs a small family-run company in the manufacturing in Colorado.
Also my husband's brother runs a small plant in Ohio.
And my husband's sister and brother-in-law also runs a small plant in Texas.

Unfortunately, my husband does not know well about computers. Therefore I am writing to you, now...

There are only 8 users in Ohio Local Office as well as Texas Local Office. Our Colorado office building has 3 small floors, 2 users on the top floor, 4 users on the second floor, and 8 users on the first floor.

So we want to network all three floors of the main office and have that building connected with the plants in Ohio and Texas.

Frankly speaking, how much do we need to pay for your company to ask installation of CAT5 cables in this small building in Denver?  We only have power and telephone lines in this small building...  And how many days do you need to install?

How much do we need to pay for your company to ask installation of Fast Ethernet network (a couple of servers,  9 desktops and 5 notebooks, and a printer) in the main office?  Could you please set up a wireless network partially?   I want 5 marketing guys to carry notebooks.  I want have several computers hooked together on a Fast Ethernet network and want to add a wireless hotspot to the mix.  How many days do you need to install a LAN in our main office?

How much do we need to pay for your company to ask installation of LANs in both Huston ( a server, 8 desktops, a printer) and in Cleveland (a server, 8 desktops, a printer)?  How many days do you need to install LANs in both Huston and Cleveland local offices?

All we want to ask you is tie together new PCs and printers in our office, and network all three floors of our main office and have that building connected with branch office in both Cleveland and Houston.

I am not sure that we ask you to install new OSs... I am wondering whether we purchase empty machines from DELL and purchase a bunch of Windows OSs from Microsoft and then we install OSs on our own...

Would you please set up a Virtual Private Network for us?

We are just trying to share intranet connection such as SDSL and file and printer sharing as well among 3 sites. We are not planning to move large amounts of data such as video files or video conferencing.   We would like to talk over the phone about our business.

If you can help us, please post your estimation here or write at guillusn02@hotmail.com (Andy)

If your estimate is too high, we are sorry that we can not afford your service... 

Would you please quote approximately...?  Or would you send us a price list, please?

Thanks!

Naomi

No Events found!