Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2008 19:00

How to print from wireless laptop onto desktop printer?

I'm looking for the most straight forward method to print from my wireless Inspiron (Vista) laptop to my printer that is currently hard wired to my desktop Dimension (XP).  The printer I have is a basic Epson Stylus C84 which I'm quite willing to replace with a new printer.  Currently the Inspiron gets the internet signal via my Kyocera wireless router.  My Dimension system does not currently support wireless, and therefore I'm thinking that I should keep a printer hardwired to this system.

Is there an easy way for a novice to share a printer between these two systems without making a comlex network of some kind?  Would a wireless printer allow for the Dimension to be hardwired, and also allow for a wireless print job from the Inspiron laptop?  Do I need to purchase anything besides the wireless printer?

Thanks very much.

Perplexed novice

2.9K Posts

February 19th, 2008 20:00

Have a look at this article. You have shared the printer from the desktop machine I assume? Also, to print from the laptop, the desktop machine must be running and the printer turned on.

No Events found!