Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2009 14:00

Email stuck in outbox

I have an email stuck in my outbox which is preventing me from sending any others. I spent time with my internet/email provider and we determined it wasn't them. It was a simple email, no attachments. The body of the attachment now says

Message could not be displayed

Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Windows Mail

I have tried deleting the email, deleting the To: address , changing the To: address, dragging it to the trash can, etc.  I can send email over the internet but not from my regular email. Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

sarsarm,

I have seen this before with Outlook Express. The solution for that was to Open Outlook Express and delete the email account. Then go on the webserver and file the file and delete the email there. Then open Outlook Express and setup the email account, again.

Can you delete the email account from Windos Mail. Go on the webserver and delete the email that's the culprit. Then open Windos Mail and setup the email account, again.

Rick

14.4K Posts

try right clicking on it and send it to another folder like draft then you should be able to delete it from there.

No Events found!