Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2013 22:00

Cannot connect Microsoft Sculpt Touch mouse

I have an Inspion N5030 running Windows 8 with the Dell 365 Bluetooth chip installed. Up until recently I was able to use my chip to connect a Sculpt Touch Bluetooth mouse, but as of late, I am not. When I place the mouse into discovery mode I am able to see the mouse, but when I try to connect to it I get an error that says, "That didn't work. Try again and make sure your mouse is discoverable." I know the Bluetooth chip is still working as I am able to control my iPhone from the computer. I have all the updates installed for my system, including the driver for the Bluetooth card. What could be the problem? What can I do to fix it?

9 Posts

June 11th, 2013 10:00

I've solved it. The problem was the computer was expecting the mouse to have a pairing code. Which a mouse/keyboard wouldn't have. You can make it realize this if you try to pair in desktop mode only.

9 Posts

June 9th, 2013 23:00

I do not have another system that has Bluetooth, only the current computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth driver from the dell driver twice, that didn't do any good, and btw since it's not designed for windows 8, it's quite a pain to get it to install. I've already told you the exact error I get from the settings app -> Devices -> Add a device yields  "That didn't work. Try again and make sure your mouse is discoverable."

1.5K Posts

June 9th, 2013 23:00

Hi Kelevra,

Kindly try to connect this mouse to a different system and let us know the results. Also, let us know the exact message you receive while trying to pair the Mouse.

You should also try re-installing the Bluetooth driver/software from the link below:

downloads.dell.com/.../R274729.exe

Note: This is a Windows 7 driver but you can try installing it on a Windows 8 machine as well.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

June 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi Kelevra,

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know if this issue has only occurred after Windows 8 upgrade only. This system is not tested on Windows 8 by us also we do not have any official driver for it.

Please check this link for a different driver which should install on Windows 8 as well:

ftp1.dell.com/.../Network_Application_VY4F2_WN_12.0_A01.EXE

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

9 Posts

June 10th, 2013 06:00

My computer has been on windows 8 since about 2 weeks after it came out, the Bluetooth chip was only installed around a week ago, so no, it didn't happen after I upgraded. The driver that I have came from Broadcom since that's the manufacturer of the Bluetooth chip, and the Dell driver said there were known compatabiity issues with windows 8, but I guess I can try that, though I don't see the problem being the driver since as I said I'm able to connect both my iPhone my Bluetooth headset, and had my mouse connected to it.

1.5K Posts

June 11th, 2013 10:00

Hi Kelevra,

Thanks for your reply. The driver listed above seems to be tested by alot of users and it worked fine on Windows 8. So kindly update the same and let us know if it helps.

Also, the best way to isolate this issue would be to try this mouse on a different Bluetooth enabled system. This way we would be able to isolate if this is an issue with the system or the Mouse.

If you can find another system it would be of great help to us. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

June 12th, 2013 09:00

Hi Kelevra,

Its great to hear that issue with the system has been resolved to your satisfaction. We appreciate the time taken by you to share the resolution as I am sure it would benefit other customers as well.

If you have any queries in future feel free to contacts us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

October 9th, 2013 23:00

Please give me more details of your solution. I have encountered the same problem. Thank you!:emotion-1:

October 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi pxpx,

What exactly happens when you try to connect the Bluetooth mouse?

Are you able to connect other Bluetooth devices to the system?

Please share the exact system model and the operating system.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you further.

2 Posts

October 10th, 2013 01:00

hi! thanks for help. i tried to pair my bluetooth mouse with my windows8 laptop and i  was told 'pairing code invalid'. the mouse is ok with my nexus pad. and the laptop is ok with other bluetooth devices. so i think my problem is same as this one here.

October 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi pxpx,

The mouse would not require any pairing code.

You may refer to the link http://dell.to/15WSFY4 for steps on how to Connect your Sculpt Touch Mouse.

Also, please share the exact system model and the operating system.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2014 16:00

Hello,

I am having problems, that I can't connect this mouse to my Latitude 4310. Everything were fine until suddenly mouse just disconnected and now when I try to pair it, it doesn't do anything. It looks that she establishes connection but does not connect to it. I just saying "Not connected". Tired everything - even reinstalled my Bluetooth drivers, mouse drivers.

Any other suggestions?

1 Message

March 23rd, 2016 07:00

How do you pair in desktop mode?

No Events found!