Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

October 18th, 2005 08:00

BELKIN F5D7050 Wireless 802.11g USB Network Adapter - Problems installing drivers

Hi,
I've been trying to install the Belkin USB adptor on my Dell laptop under Windows 2000
As I am finishing installing the drivers from the CD, it says that the drivers haven't been successfully installed as the name is already in use as a service name or a display name. Now since I've installed and desinstalled the device several time, I felt like there might have been some issues with the registry. So I perform a clean up of the registry. However I sill have the same problem. Can somebody help ??

Tx

3 Posts

October 18th, 2005 11:00

Yes I did it through the control panel (remove device and then remove software)...

12K Posts

October 18th, 2005 11:00

Did you try and delete the item from the Device Manager?

3 Posts

October 18th, 2005 12:00

It does appear when I look at the map of the system in the control panel but with a "!" after the name of the device (meaning there is an error)

However it doesn't appear in the bottom-right corner of my screen as it should if it was properly installed and switched on as I understood...

12K Posts

October 18th, 2005 12:00

Does it still show up in the Device Manger?

28K Posts

October 18th, 2005 13:00

Try completely removing all occurrences of the device in Device Manager.  Unplug the adapter from the USB port.   Turn off the computer.  With USB network adapter still unplugged, restart the computer and try reinstalling the software for the adapter.  Once the software is installed, try plugging in the USB adapter.

Steve

No Events found!