Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2020 13:00

WD19, headset microphone not detected, #2

Have you found out the reason? I have similar problem. In my case however it used to work with an adapter and suddenly stopped after some update from Dell back in Feb/March 2020.

4 Posts

July 14th, 2020 08:00

Hi @mifalek, not sure if you are sorted yet but Dell Support helped me out.

I had to go to the device manager, select the Realtek Audio driver, press delete on my keyboard and on the pop up tick to box to uninstall the driver. Once this was done, I rebooted my laptop. I logged back in and plugged in the Jack and the MaxxAudio Pro application pops up and shows me the dialog to pick the type of device I plugged in. My headset now works on both the WD19 dock and laptop.

HTH

4 Posts

July 10th, 2020 05:00

@ohtrobinson , I'll assume on your original thread you didn't get it to work still...

I've got a WD19 dock too and I have the same issue when this work machine and dock was issued to me. I know on my old desktop I always had a pop up when you connect the jack in but whatever I try I can't seem to have that on mine.

I'm convinced this is the reason why the headset doesn't work and only as headphones. I did go through an update of drivers on my laptop (it had 10 to do), and when it updated everything I had the pop up appear to pick what type of device is plugged in but after all the drivers etc updated I can't seem to see it anymore.

I am wondering if there was a "Do not ask me again" on the popup itself that appeared, so I'm going to hunt the registry to see if I can find something like that, or to remove the app and re-install it to see if that works. I'll report back if I find anything.

• 

25.3K Posts

July 17th, 2020 15:00

Hi,

Just checking in to know if you need any other assistance from us. Also, just want to let you know that we recommend updating the drivers from our website as it is tested for your system. If you do not need any other assistance, we shall we proceed to close this case for now. Reach out to us if you need any help.

Regards,

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 01:00

Hi Dell,

This problem occurs with the latest drivers from the Dell Website so I think they need to be checked again for this bug. I never used to have this problem on other Dell machines when the Realtek drivers provided the Pop-up and not the MaxxAudioPro application.

3 Posts

September 18th, 2020 04:00

Hi @Meppolan 
I confirm that this solution works.
I have never had Waves Maxx installed until now, but it obviously can configure 4pin jack socket to support 2xjack headset.
I've installed Waves Maxx and removed Realtek USB device from Device Manager list in Control Panel. Be aware to select Show pop-up when new device connected in Maxx app in order to choose headset. One can choose headset from main window as well.

Nevertheless the old Realtek driver could recognize headset and the new one cannot. This looks like a job for @DELL-Cares 

1 Message

January 24th, 2022 12:00

I think this is more likely the simpler resolution. My guess is reinstalling the drivers just restores the default behavior for the device prompt.

Waves MaxxAudio setting on Dell Laptops can stop the wired microphone from working

No Events found!