Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

August 28th, 2018 11:00

U3014, how to unlock control panel

I recently was given a U3014. Unfortunately, the control panel is fully lock. As soon as I plug in the power cord, the monitor will turn on. No light on on/off button and no/off button does not function either. None of the menu buttons are functional. Input is locked to DVI. I can connect a computer thru DVI and the monitor works.

I talked to the person who gave me the monitor. He said they locked the entire control panel to prevent people from changing it. Even the on/off button is locked. The procedure for doing it was lost so there is no way I can figure out how to unlock it.

This is not the normal OSD lock. I try holding the power button for 20 sec and not work. I try holding the button above the power button for 20 sec and not work.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 28th, 2018 12:00

You can see in the online User's Guide pages 52 and 66 that there is an option for Menu Lock (Controls user access to adjustments. When Lock is selected, no user adjustments are allowed. All buttons are locked). To unlock, press and hold the Exit button above the power button for 10 seconds.

August 28th, 2018 12:00

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did hold the exit button (the one above the power button) for 10 sec with no effect. Note that even my power on/off button is locked also, not just the adjustment buttons. Is there any other way to lock/unlock the control?

I used the Eizo monitor before and I need a USB connection to the monitor with special script to lock/unlock the control.

Thanks,

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

August 29th, 2018 05:00

Those instructions in the manual are the only ones I know. You need to ask the person who gave it to you specifically what they did to lock it.

1 Message

June 21st, 2019 10:00

I was having a similar issue with my monitor. I was not locked out from the power button but i was locked from the menu. It was locked onto one input, the mini display port (finding adapters for that is a PAIN).

So i was trying the hold down button 5 for 10 seconds thing for the 40th time over the past month, then i decided to hold it for longer, IT WORKED! So i held it for 10 seconds, nothing, but i had a stop watch going and at 11 seconds it showed the locked symbol on screen. Out of curiosity i held it down for another 10-11 seconds, and then i showed the unlocked symbol! I held it for another 2-3 seconds or so and the menu showed up on my screen! This is amazing sense iv'e been trying for MONTHS to get this thing unlocked. I did NOT want to pay $40 to get a mini display port to HDMI adapter. This is weird considering how the manual seems to say nothing about this. 

I don't know if helps you or if you have already solved the issue. But I hope this helps someone having the same issue in the future!

No Events found!