Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 3rd, 2016 06:00

U3014 Service Tag yields no data on the warranty check page

I'm planning to purchase a Dell U3014 from an individual who bought it at a large retail shop (the Ulmart chain in StPetersburg, Russia) and is selling it since they had no use for it in the end. The display seems to have its shipping labels intact.

They provided the service tag and express service number, however when I input the service tag of the monitor into the form on the warranty status check page, it shows “Shipping date: January 01 0001”, “Country: unknown” and “No information available”, as illustrated (service tag obfuscated):

Does this simply mean that they did not register it on onlineregister.com/dell? In case I purchase it, will I get the advertised NBD warranty if something happens? I was unable to contact support via chat/email as those require entering the Service Tag or Express Service Number and upon entry it reports both as invalid. A support phone call is not a welcome option for me (I have hearing issues).

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.5K Posts

April 3rd, 2016 20:00

Something odd here. According to the Dell internal tools, that service tag is showing as "System is back at Dell" so no warranty. This also means that someone initiated an exchange using that service tag but did not return the monitor to Dell. I would advise you not to buy it.

4 Posts

April 4th, 2016 00:00

Many thanks; I suspected as much. The seller claims it was bought in the “discount” department where the retailer sells goods that are either in damaged packaging or were repaired…

No Events found!