Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2011 20:00

U2711, half of the screen, flickering horizontal lines

HI, I bought that monitor last year and since the last few month, every time I turn on the monitor it start to show flickering lines on half of the screen. It goes back to normal after a while but sometime it still have flickering lines but less.  I did search in this forum and it looks like some others also have the same problem with this model of monitor.  Is this a defect from the monitor?  Should I have it replace since I'm still under warranty.  See the pictures of the problem.

flickering screen

flickering lines 2

58 Posts

December 18th, 2011 06:00

That looks like a symptom of bad TAB connections on the edge of the actual screen. If that's the case it will most likely only get worse.

1 Message

January 5th, 2012 22:00

I just got one, I made them test it at the store... got home home and that's exactly what it was doing. I found that if I turn the brightness and contrast almost all the way down it goes away . From messing with it a bit seems like the severity is directly related to how close to white the color is. It would be nice if there was a way of fixing this because I love this monitor but I think it's a gonner...

2 Posts

January 6th, 2012 05:00

I suggest to call Dell and have it replace.  I replaced mine and all is good now.

1 Message

September 14th, 2014 20:00

My monitor is having the same on the right hand side, just read the cause of the problem.

I have managed to stop the flickering by hitting the top right of the bezel with the palm of my hand, gave it a quick strike, not real hard of course, to my surprise, the flickering has stopped.

I should add that my monitor is out of warranty, so I have little to loose at this point.

No Events found!