Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2007 21:00

Problem with playstation 2 on 2407wfp

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem. I am using a 2407wfp rev A02 with a playstation 2 on the S-Video hookup. If I put the monitor into S-Video mode before powering up the playstation, it usually works fine. However, if while playing the playstation I change the monitor to dvi mode, then change back to S-video mode, the image gets chopped up with the right 2/3rds of the image shifted to the left 2/3rds of the screen, and the left third sent over to the other side of the screen and somewhat scrambled. This happens when "wide mode" is set to either 4:3 or fill. Setting wide mode to 1:1 fixes the image, but it becomes a very small picture in the center of the screen. Going back to 4:3 or fill from 1:1 gives the same messed up image as before.

Resetting the playstation usually (about 9 times out of 10) fixes the problem, but it's a pain to always reset the playstation if I need to check my e-mail or something. Not a big enough pain to return the monitor, but a big enough pain I would like to fix it if there is a known fix. Thanks in advance for any help.

January 27th, 2007 06:00

I have roughly the same problem even with 2007WFP A03 as well. PS2 display will sometimes screw up after switching to other input source. It will be smaller and slow motion, color becomes 256 instead of true color and the dither effect is very obvious. I'm using VGA for PC and S-Video for PS2. But in my case, all I have to do is switch to PC, then back to PS2 again and the display will be restored properly. Don’t have to reset PS2 though. Not sure if these 2 monitors shared the same cause?

Community Manager

• 

54.6K Posts

January 27th, 2007 22:00

All,

What cable are you using to connect the Playstation to the 2407?

January 27th, 2007 22:00

I am presently using the S-Video cable. I recall previously using the composite cable and having the same problem, however. Plus the picture quality was substantially worse with composite.

Community Manager

• 

54.6K Posts

January 28th, 2007 02:00

Jack Huizenga,

You might try this Playstation 2 component cable. I will ask everyone on the board if they have tried them.
No Events found!