Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2013 21:00

Dell S2440L won't display full screen size using my HDMI input

I have a laptop connected via VGA to this monitor and the display takes the full screen size (ie. the image goes all the way to the screen's border).  My desktop PC is connected to the same monitor via a good quality Monster HDMI cable and my resolution is set to 1920x1080 and yet the display has roughly a 1-inch black border around it (ie. the image does NOT go all the way to the screen's border - there is about an inch all the way around there it is just dark).  When I go to the OSD, the Auto Adjust setting is grayed out.  The OSD menu tells me I'm using 'Resolution: 1080p'.  I've tried resetting the monitor settings but that didn't help.

Because the screen is shrunken down, I'm effectively not using native resolution and the text rendering is horrible.  In some cases it is so bad, it's hard to read certain screens.  I need to know how to fix this, otherwise the monitor will need to go back to the store.

Thanks
Ray

2 Posts

February 28th, 2013 18:00

I think this is a problem with my graphics card.  I connected another computer to this monitor over HDMI and the monitor worked fine.

2 Posts

April 4th, 2013 20:00

Check out Catalyst control Start>Desktop and Displays>My Digital Flat Panels>Scaling options (digital Flat-Panel) and adjust underscan to overscan to scale 0%. seems to work?

March 1st, 2013 13:00

Try updating the Graphics card drivers

2 Posts

April 4th, 2013 19:00

I have a New (two days ago) XPS 8500 with S2440L monitor and AMD 7770 graphic card connected by HDMI and do not have full screen (approx 1 inch black  Boarder around window. Do I need a new driver, any suggerstions

Thanks

Fraz

1 Message

August 14th, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the tip. That resolved my issue.

No Events found!