Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2005 18:00

Color settings problem

I have the color set at Highest 32 bit.  However, when I shut off the computer the next time I turn it on my wallpaper and screen savers have distorted colors.  I then go to Properties, Settings and find the color setting has changed to Low 8 bit.  I reset it to Highest 32 bit and click apply and then everything is OK again, until the next time I shut the computer down.  Why is the color setting going to 8 bit when I shut down and how do I get it to stay at 32 bit.  Thanks for any help you can give.

• 

17K Posts

March 7th, 2005 18:00

BrooksBar,

Thank you using the Dell Community Forum.

You may want to reinstall the video card drivers into the system. They may have become corrupt.

4 Posts

March 11th, 2005 20:00

Jesse, on 3/6 I posted about a problem I was having with the color settings.  You replied to my post on 3/7 and said that I probably would need to reinstall the video card drivers but did not indicate how I would go about doing that.  In the meantime in case you would need this information, I have an integrated video card, I have a Deminsion 4700 with a 17" flat panel monitor.  Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 11th, 2005 23:00

Brooks:

Your video drivers can be downloaded here:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=DIM_P4_4700&category=0&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=7898&devlib=6

Follow the instructions provided. It's quite easy.

No Events found!