Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

19 Posts

August 29th, 2008 09:00

orange triangle icon with exclamation mark(!) inside it in my tray. dont know what it is

i tried running mcaffee but that didnt pick anything up. i also ran the windows cleaner software thats also with mcafee. thats cleans the whole system.

if that doesnt help any suggestions would be great.

thanks alan

24 Posts

August 29th, 2008 12:00

My mistake.

I found an answer on yahoo answers  which suggests  you may have been running low on virtual memory.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080306192159AAVQAZg

24 Posts

I think this means your battery is getting low.

:smileyhappy:

19 Posts

no its not that, it would have come up with a message if it was that. and i have 4gig ram so it will be along time before i get a virtual ram problems. oh well thanks for trying.

19 Posts

no its not. the indicator is different. and my power is plugged in. i have rebooted now anyways and seems to have gone.

30 Posts

August 29th, 2008 13:00

I don't remember the icons exactly, but I think that something similar is the icon for "Windows has updates available" and McAfee's "Your system is not fully protected".  Might it have been one of these?

24 Posts

August 29th, 2008 20:00

If you move the mouse cursor over it (Don't click!), does it pop up one of those message balloons? If so, what does it say?

I've seen something similar before that turned out to be spyware/adware. If that's the case, you'll want to refer to one of the posts at the top of the Virus/Spyware forum under "Software". Bugbatter has some good advice on this stuff.

Forum is here: Virus/Spyware Forum

19 Posts

August 30th, 2008 01:00

no pop ups comeup. the icon seems to do nothing. i have clicked on it and nothing happens, i have moved cursor over it and no bubble messages come up. so im assuming that it is some sort of adware/malware however i have run mcaffee and that hasnt picked anything malicious up. i also did a full clean on my system with the mcafee cleaner. cleans registry temp files etc.

thanks for ur help guys.

al

No Events found!