Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2015 08:00

auto shut down problem in laptop

laptop is automatically shutting down itself what is the problem with battery or laptop

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 7th, 2015 13:00

Hassam

I suggest running diagnostics and see if any you receive any failures or if the notebook shuts down when diagnostics are running.

How often does your notebook shutdown, has it always done this and if not when did it start? Was anything installed on the notebook just prior to the problem happening?

Please reply back with the results of the diagnostics, please include the model of the notebook and what operating system is installed.

TB

6 Posts

December 9th, 2015 20:00

yes i have installed a new battery and the Laptop is N5110

6 Posts

December 9th, 2015 21:00

and plus window is 8.1

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 10th, 2015 08:00

Are you able to get the system running long enough for diagnostics and if so did you receive any messages? Are they any other symptoms, like beep codes when you notice the problem?  

If you are able to get the notebook stable and diagnostics did not give any errors you may want to consider backing up your information and restoring Windows. 

If the problem continues report back and let me know if you are able to run diagnostics, and if you received any errors, or if you tried restoring Windows. 

TB

6 Posts

December 14th, 2015 22:00

i was able to run the diagnostics and refreshed my windows but  still getting that problem

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

December 15th, 2015 07:00

So did the diagnostics complete, did they give any error messages if so, what where the errors?  If diagnostics pass with no errors and the system didn't shut down while running diagnostics it implies that there is no hardware defects with the notebook and the problem is software.  Refreshing Windows should help with registry problems but if there is malware involved you may have to go further.

If you do have anti malware software installed on the system you may want to try a full scan and see if anything is detected. 

You may also try killing everything in the startup group in msconfig and see if that makes a difference.

If the problem continues you may want to consider performing a full manual reinstall of Windows.

6 Posts

January 8th, 2016 20:00

but the problem is now raised up and the diagnostics shows that i have problem with my processor fan

15 Posts

January 8th, 2016 20:00

which diagnostic did you run? that indicated the problem with the processor fan?

6 Posts

January 8th, 2016 21:00

yes and the event log show that your computer has been shutdown because of power

No Events found!