Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2015 17:00

Windows 7 starter on Inspiron mini 1012

hi I already have a copy of the dell restore cd windows 7 sp1 starter (em) 32-bit its 4.78 GB size that I got from dell  & I got the reinstall drivers and utilities its 821 mb in size & application cd for reinstalling dell webcam centeral software its 123 mb in size & microsoft works 9.0 cd that I also got from dell.. The lap top does not have a cd/dvd player.

My question is what size usb flash drive would I need to copy each of the disk that I have on to a usb flash drive?

will it boot up with just the usb flash drive with the restore cd copied to it or do I need to use a special program to make the flash drive bootable 1st before I copy the restore cd on to the flash drive? 

I was thinking of getting a 64 GB flash drive to load all of the cd's on to it can I do that?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 31st, 2015 17:00

An 8G drive or larger will work.  You cannot just copy the disc to the flash drive.  Microsoft has a utility for preparing a bootable install drive.

< >

There are also other ways to make a bootable install drive - Rufus, nLite, etc. as well.

January 31st, 2015 19:00

okay thank you 

No Events found!