Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

D

2 Posts

May 27th, 2007 17:00

Problem with Battery Light Flashing

I have a one year old Inspiron E1505. It is always plugged into AC power. A few days ago, the battery light began flashing back and forth between green and orange. If I disconnect the AC, it stops. I checked the battery and it has a full charge. I did this by using the test button on the battery and also from the power settings on screen. The battery is obviously not dead so I can't figure out why the light is flashing. In another forum, someone with the same issue replaced the battery but the light kept flashing. I think I have only used this computer on battery power alone perhaps four times in a year. The last time was a week ago and I did not not see the light come on at that time when I reconnected to AC power. Has anyone else had this happen? Considering the issues that Dell has had recently with batteries, I am concerned about mine exploding. The battery in my computer did not appear on the recall list, but that is of little comfort to me at the moment. To be safe, I am going to remove the battery and keep the computer on AC only, until I get a solution to the problem.

77 Posts

May 27th, 2007 18:00

The blink pattern indicates a temporary failure of the battery. Don't worry, it does not mean that battery is going to explode. Try following simple fixes.

1. Update BIOS. You can get the update here.

2. Remove the battery from computer and let it cool down for 1-2 hours.

3. Discharge the battery completely and then recharge to 100%. Repeat this 2-3 times.

If all this does not solve your problem, then contact Technical support. Betteries have one year warranty and they will be able to replace the battery if it is still under warranty.

58 Posts

May 29th, 2007 00:00

I had this happen on my 16 month old Inspiron 9300.  My battery was not covered under the recall, nor was it covered under any other warranty.  It meant my battery had died.  I had to order a new one. 
No Events found!