Movie Maker 2012

I have Inspiron 1764:

procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz

Memory 4GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system 

Intel(R) HD Graphics driver 8.15.10.2104

ActivX 11

Everything is up to date!

Today I downloaded Windows Essentials 2012 but Movie Maker not work!!! I have this mesage:

"Sorry, Move marker can't start! ... etc"

I tried everything. what to do anymore? please help me! thanks you!

September 20th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Movie Maker makes extensive use of your video and graphics acceleration capabilities. Hence, to resolve this issue, I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver for your laptop from Dell’s support site and also run Windows Update.

Please use the following link to update the graphics card drivers:  http://dell.to/QoBp19

You can also refer to this Microsoft link for Movie maker 2012 releases: http://bit.ly/OGPVFA

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

September 20th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I updated all: windows and the graphics card drivers!

Same message (" ... update the graphics card drives")! :-(

934 Posts

September 20th, 2012 09:00

I am just downloading the software myself - will see if it works

here some suggestions from Microsoft:

answers.microsoft.com/.../c39853a8-1859-42e6-b79a-24fc623e02fb

September 20th, 2012 12:00

Sorry, but it is not working. maybe the graphics card drivers from the link :  http://dell.to/QoBp19 is too old (year 2010!!!)

Please verify this! thanks you

September 25th, 2012 04:00

Hello,

I sent a question to Microsoft and received the following answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dana_DumitruHirt:

Your question on Microsoft Answers has received a reply:

Question

Movie Maker 2012

Hi Dana,

We have checked the latest driver on Dell website and it seems the driver is too old. Please wait for your computer manufacturer's response because they might have newer versions for the driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help me with the new driver!

Thank you

934 Posts

September 25th, 2012 06:00

Hi Dana !

I have an inspiron 1545 (30 months old)with a different Video chip.I installed Movie Maker 2012  without any problems,Compared to the previous Live Moviemaker version there are some modifications  but I wasn't that impressed.If you have ever had the previous Live Moviemaker version(not the old error prone XP/Win7 nightmare version) installed and it worked then stick to it.If this is the first time you installed Moviemaker you might want to try to fiddle around with some video settings but I don't have much hope.....

It is possible that your OS is messed up and only a clean install of Windows could fix the problem - but not really recommendable right now.

===============================

If you just want to have a  good free video editor(actually better than the Moviemaker) I can recommend "VideoPad video editor" from NCH.The free version is limited to avi and wmv output files (like Moviemaker) but can import/edit even YouTube files(flv)

www.nchsoftware.com/.../index.html

Before installing any new software create a system restore point - just in case something goes wrong

September 26th, 2012 14:00

Hi Dana,

You can download the latest video drivers from the link : http://intel.ly/QFY6OC

Restart the system and try installing Movie Maker 2012.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

934 Posts

September 26th, 2012 16:00

Hi  DELL-Priyanka_S,Hi Dana

Today I made a new video using Moviemaker 2012 which contained videos and pictures.My previous test included only videos on the timeline and I had no problems editing it.However after inserting pictures Moviemaker didn't display them properly in the preview window.Googled the problem and found out that other people had similar problems - obviously related to the intel graphic chipset.
On Intel's webpage I found new drivers but couldn't be installed because Dell uses customized drivers

Since I have the possibility to run Windows 7 and Windows 8 (preview release used to UPDATE Windows 7) I tested Moviemaker with Windows 8 too.

Result : Moviemaker 2012 & Windows 7 = problem with "Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family"

Moviemaker 2012 & Windows 8 = OK  

Windows 7 Driver version => 8.15.10.1808

Windows 8 Driver version => 8.15.10.2702

September 28th, 2012 05:00

I solved the problem!

See below response to Mr. Robert_U!

see this link:

communities.intel.com/.../168068

934 Posts

September 28th, 2012 10:00

Hi Dana,

thanks for posting back.I followed your link and updated my  "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset " with the latest driver available on Intel's webpage.It worked  - Interestingly the driver that comes with Windows 8 is newer than the one I downloaded - anyway: system seems to be stable even though I had one minor glitch when I worked with MovieMaker.

What's new in MovieMaker 2012 ? - click the link

answers.microsoft.com/.../7d9f544d-b14f-4d3f-9582-28fc05839b6c

I would have kept the 2012 version even if the driver problem couldn't have been solved since Microsoft has finally introduced MPEG-4/H.264 Encoding (MP4) - I realized that only later . YouTube doesn't support this format officially yet but it works......and since the mp4-file size is much smaller compared to wmv it will save you a lot of uploading time.

No Events found!