Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2017 12:00

Internal hard disk not found error

Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 9530 and when I try to boot it, it gives me the error:

Internal hard disk drive not found

to resolve this issue, try reseat the drive

No bootable devices--strikeF1 to retry boot, F2 enter Setup Menu, F5 enter PSA

When I enter the Setup my drive shows up undermSATA Device: LITEONIT LMT-512L9M-11 MSATA 5 (512 GB), as expected.

I have also ran the ePSA  Pre-boot System Assessment. There is no error, all test passes, including the Hard Drive test (Hard Drive 0).

I have opened my computer and reseated the drive, with no success.

My bios

April 5th, 2017 13:00

Hi,

I have a single mSATA 512GB drive.

Hi, 

I have a Dell XPS 15 9530 and I'm getting this message when I try to boot it up:

internal hard disk drive not found

to resolve this issue, try reseat the drive

No bootable devices--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 enter setup Menu, F5 enter PSA.

The drive shows up in the setup menu under mSATA. I have ran all the test in the ePSA Pre-boot System assessment. All the test pass, including the Hard Drive 0 test. Has mentioned in the message I have tried reseating my drive, with no success unfortunately.

I do not know what else to do.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Do you have a single, mSATA drive, or an mSATA drive (32G, usually), plus a 2.5" hard drive?

If you have the 32+hard drive setup, it sounds like the hard drive has failed -- you'll need to replace that and reload everything (the OS is stored on the hard drive - the mSATA drive is just a cache).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 5th, 2017 14:00

Did you make any changes to the system (such as from UEFI to Legacy mode or vice-versa)?

April 5th, 2017 14:00

I did not, but I installed an windows update recently (I'm on windows 10). Also I wanted to try to fix this issue by changing the boot order or other Bios setting but I can't because I do not have my bios admin password (also, I do not remember setting one).

No Events found!