Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2010 03:00

Integrated webcam drivers for win 7 64bit

Hello,

I have a studio 1555 laptop with win7 64bit which i installed from upgrade dvd  from win vista 64bit.Note that i did a clean install and not a upgrade. since that i havent been able to use the integrated creative webcam because i am not able to find its drivers. My vista resource cd does install all other drivers except the webcam one. when i install the webcam driver of vista i get a error. i even contacted dell phone support a month ago. They say they have not received the drivers from creative and it will be uploaded on dell support in start of january. I havent found any such driver till now on dell drivers page. I haveent use my webcam since 2 months. I cant figure out why dell have not upload the drver(or not received it from creative) but the new dell studio 1555 that come preloaded with win7 runs the webcam fine. I eve checked out the resource cd of a friend's laptop that came with win7 64 bit preinstalled. Still no driver in that cd. i require the driver as soon as possible

Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

January 27th, 2010 08:00

please help anyone

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 27th, 2010 09:00

1pratham,

Since you said you did a clean install go to  Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag number. Under system utilities, install the notebook utility. Also install the chipset drivers. Then try the Webcam software from the disk. 

Did you try to install the webcam from the disk that came with the computer. Remember, Windows 7 will ask you if it installed correctly. If not, then select the compatibility mode.

You can also go to Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag number and under input devices, you should see your webcam drivers. They're most likely the Vista drivers, so try installing them in the comaptibility mode. 

Rick

3 Posts

January 28th, 2010 02:00

Thanks for your reply.

But no luck so far. I installed the system utility and also the chipset drivers. However when I install the creative integrated webcam driver(in compatibilty as well as normal mode) I get an error saying "an error ocurred while setting up the driver" and then it tells me to restart the pc.

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2010 09:00

I don't know why the Vista 64bit drivers Dell offer don't work, but try these drivers?

They're still not certified for Windows 7, but they are newer drivers than the ones Dell are offering, and they're suitable for Vista 64bit, so they might work for Windows 7 64bit?

Have you installed the webcam software as well though - i.e. 'Webcam Manager', or whatever it is you get with the Studio 1555? 

It's not available to download [for whatever reason?], but you should've received it on a separate disc (i.e. not the drivers disc)?

December 21st, 2010 10:00

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

After facing a hell lot of problem with this cam, I finally figured out the drivers which worked from me

I  am having a dell studio xps 16  and the drivers which worked are

Try ur luck guys, It took me 2 days to make it work.

Cheers

Bharat Sahani

Southampton

United Kingdom

No Events found!