Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

31 Posts

June 10th, 2004 02:00

Increasing Font Size

I recently got an Inspiron 600m and when I first used it everything looked nice.  I then formatted the hardrive and reinstalled Windows so all the settings were reset.  The size of fonts on websites at high resolution are too small for me to read comfortably.  These are the fonts that don't change when the font size is changed in the "view" - "text size" menu in Internet Explorer.  Is there any other way can increase the rest of the font sizes so it appears the way it was originally?

1 Message

I have a Inspiron 5150 with a SXGA screen. I have the same problems that you do. There are several combinations that you must try to get the desired appearance from your screen without making a blurry mess of everything:

1. Change the windows font size: Right click on the desktop/properties/settings/Advanced/drop down the DPI setting to custom. Now, DRAG THE RULER to the desired font size. I found that 105% was the best size for me. It allowed me to see what I was doing and yet allow my AOL to function properly. Note that you have to restart the computer after you make these changes.

2. Change the font size: Right click on the desktop/Appearance change the font size to the desired size.

3. The Dell QuickSet control in the system tray: Left click to change the Icons and Toolbars settings to the desired size.

Between these three controls, you should be able to arrive at a good setting for yourself.

31 Posts

Thank you.
No Events found!