Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

82 Posts

September 4th, 2005 14:00

How can I transfer Data from one laptop to another?

Guys:

Just got another laptop(6000). Currently own a 8600. How do I transfer data b/w the two? Your response shall be appreciated. thanks.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 4th, 2005 14:00

If both notebooks have network adapters, use a crossover RJ45 cable or a hub and a pair of network cables to connect them.

www.practicallynetworked.com will have details.

14.4K Posts

September 4th, 2005 15:00

In addition to the above suggestion, if you have a wireless router then you can connect your 6000 either wired or wirelessly to your 8600, enable file and printer sharing and transfer whichever files you want to.

14.4K Posts

September 4th, 2005 22:00

You will need to enable file and printer sharing for each computer.

The simplest way of doing this is to open My Network Places then use the wizard for setting up a home or small office network.

You will also need to make sure that your firewall in each computer sees the IP address of the other computer as trusted.

82 Posts

September 4th, 2005 22:00

do u guys know of a simple guide that I can follow to connect the two laptops? I connected the two laptops physically to the router thru ethernet cable. now what?

11.9K Posts

September 5th, 2005 01:00

@Mallu2u wrote:
do u guys know of a simple guide that I can follow to connect the two laptops? I connected the two laptops physically to the router thru ethernet cable. now what?

ejn63 gave you a link to www.practicallynetworked.com.  Did you look at it?

82 Posts

September 5th, 2005 14:00

yes I did. I finally found out why I was not able to see files on the other laptop. Norton Internet Security was blocking the connection. Thanks for all the support guys
No Events found!