Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

December 6th, 2008 05:00

How can I access recovery partition in dell inspiron 1525?

I have a dell inspiron 1525 and I lost the manual. Do I need to press a specific key on the keyboard to access Recovery when booting up?

799 Posts

December 6th, 2008 06:00

Hello eamonlahrach, If you want to restore your system back to the way it was shipped, when the system boots, immediately press the ctrl and F11 keys at the same time and you will enter the Dell Recovery Restore Utility.

You should have backed up any files that you may need after the restore completes because all the data on the system will be lost.

After you enter the Dell Recovery Restore Utility, just follow the instructions and the restore should complete in approximately 8-15 minutes, depending on how much data is to be restored.

When the restore is complete and the system reboots, you will need to enter all the user information as you did when you originally started the system.

When back to the desktop, you can then install any programs you may have used after you got your system and copy any files that you backed up.

Below is a link to the Dell site and the Owners Manual for you system.

Inspiron 1525 Manual <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

It shows how to restore the system from wihtin Windows XP and/or Vista.

Hope this helps.

December 6th, 2008 06:00

Hey, I tried Ctrl + F11 when it boots up but it didn't work?

Would there be a specific reason for this?

1K Posts

December 6th, 2008 09:00

You did not say what is your OS but I suppose it is Vista. You can find how to restore your system to factory specs at this address.

I recomend PC RESTORE if you have not formated your system yet.

315 Posts

December 7th, 2008 12:00

Hey, I tried Ctrl + F11 when it boots up but it didn't work?

Would there be a specific reason for this?

:^/ If your laptop is second-hand it may have had the hard drive upgraded. If so, the recovery partition wouldn't be there.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2010 19:00

I just so happen to have a clients Dell Inspiron 1525 here in my workshop, to access it's recovery, we held down the number 0 key and hit the power button. worked a charm. let me know how it goes for you.

1 Message

September 6th, 2010 23:00

I have a Dell Vostro 1520. Holding down the F5 key when powering on worked for me. It takes you to a menu where you choose the system restore option.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

March 22nd, 2013 08:00

if yo read this article solve your problem:

http://www.patronforum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19372

1 Message

April 24th, 2014 07:00

I have a dell inspiron 1525 and I lost the manual. Do I need to press a specific key on the keyboard to access Recovery when booting up?

No Events found!