Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

February 14th, 2005 20:00

German Keyboard

I live in the states and would like to buy a well equipped Dell Inspiron 9200 with a german keyboard.

Can someone give me a hint how to do that. The telephone support was not able to provide me with such a notebook.

THX
Mario

2.6K Posts

February 18th, 2005 16:00

cyberlivia,

Thank you for using Dell's Community Forum.

You can’t do that.

2 Posts

February 19th, 2005 01:00

That is what I heared - but it is very interesting - dell has german keyboards (for germany or austria) so what is the problem ? There a 40.000 germans living in Fort Meyers Florida area - but the will not buy a dell here for that reason.

I did not ask for a freebee - I asked to buy an additional german keyboard for a dell notebook.

I expected Dell Service for that question - the anser " you cannot do that" is more than disapointing und not very proffessional.

THX Mario

136 Posts

February 20th, 2005 06:00

You might be able to find sellers of German replacement keyboards in European Ebay sites. However, a regular US keyboard is quite suitable to type text in German. If you switch in Control Panel the keyboard layout to "US International", you will have an easy access to ä, ö, ü and ß for instance. See this message for details: http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_input&message.id=22223&query.id=0#M22223
No Events found!