Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2012 09:00

Fn+F3 doesn't disable touchpad

I have an XPS L502X running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. I understand that Fn+F3 should disable the touchpad on this system.

What I found here is Fn+F3 ACTS like it disables the touchpad -- the light that indicates the TP is disabled comes on when I press Fn+F3; however, the touchpad still works.

The problem is, when I type, I apparently touch the touchpad because my cursor ends up in random places, so I end up typing in random places. I thought disabling the touchpad would eliminate the problem, but it doesn't work -- even with the TP seemingly disabled, I still end up typing in random places, and I can also intentionally move my cursor around still using the TP.

I ended up uninstalling the drivers for the TP, which I really didn't want to do because I'd like to use the TP occasionally (like when I'm on a plane).

Suggestions?

3 Posts

February 18th, 2012 07:00

I ended up contacting tech support (via chat) for this. Update the drivers for the touchpad and you'll be able to actually disable it using Fn+F3.

If you can, contact tech support via chat and they'll actually install the drivers for you.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2012 07:00

The same problem happens here. When i bought my notebook, Fn + F3 worked. I had to format my notebook and now i press the hotkeys, the light indicates that the touchpad is disabled but it still works.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2012 01:00

Thank you for the tip.  I have updated my touchpad driver and now it's working. =]

3 Posts

February 24th, 2012 10:00

Glad to hear it!

No Events found!