Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2011 07:00

Error Code 2000-0334 - Remove & reinstall Video Crd/Graphics Card

Hi,

This morning my XPS M1330 laptop has developed two purple lines 2 inches apart down the left hand side of my laptop.  I did a self test and came up with Error Code 2000-0334.  When I went in to Dell Support for error codes I got a Click to Fix link which advised that I should Remove and Reinstall the Video Card/Graphics Card and gave me a link to the Service Manual.  I have searched this manual inside out and am unable to find anything to do with Video Cards or Graphics Cards. 

Can somebody please tell me where I can find service manual information re removing and reinstalling Video Cards or Graphics Cards.

Or alternatively can you please give me any other information on how to fix this problem.

Exasperated Too

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 8th, 2011 07:00

"two purple lines 2 inches apart down the left hand side of my laptop. "

When you attach an external monitor you will likely find that the lines are not there.

This would mean that the Display needs to be replaced to resolve this.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2011 09:00

If by chance the external monitor does show the lines, then the mainboard needs to be replaced.  The video chip on this model is part of the mainboard - it is not removeable.

July 8th, 2011 12:00

What is an external monitor?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2011 14:00

Plug a desktop monitor into the system - that will tell you whether it's the screen or the mainboard that needs to be replaced.

July 9th, 2011 12:00

Hi,  I have plugged in an external monitor and there are no purple lines.  What do I do now?  Thanks for your help.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 9th, 2011 13:00

Replace the notebook's display panel with a new one.  You'll need to remove the old one to find the part number, which will be on a label on the back of the panel.

Removal and reinstall instructions:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

No Events found!