Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 10th, 2014 18:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop keyboard not working

Before I discuss my issue I would like to say that i have been through so much problems with purchasing a laptop from Dell. I'll keep it short. Bought one laptop didn't work, second laptop replacement didn't work now I have a new 3rd laptop which is great and working, also would love it and appreciate it if I was given the same service you would be given on a technical phone support please, because I have gone through so much trouble and the support I was given was helpful and was happy with service but I do wish to do this in Dell support before I put my self to wait minutes on hold just to get support.

My problem started happening when I was typing in stuff in Google chrome search box as I was doing it my laptop froze and caps lock light on was still lit and frozen too. Couldn't do anything so i turned off my laptop and as i did that i got 3-4 beeps when turning it off and when i turned it back on i got another 3 beeps, after that I logged in and tested things out to see if i was only a small glitch or something but no. The touch pad was not responding when i clicked on the wireless connection but did work after though. So i'm not sure what caused this, I looked in "My Dell" for any blue screen crashes or issues i've might of had but nothing. But at least the keyboard was working for some reason but I would love to know why this has happen and get to the bottom of it.

Also when getting the laptop I did update everything but after 2 days with it. It's been fine just today (11/07/14), so I highly doubt it was any update.

Danny

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 11th, 2014 00:00

Hi DS15,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer after the above steps by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.

88 Posts

July 11th, 2014 06:00

I'm not sure if I can perform that task, as the battery is inside the laptop. Because underneath there's screws and no battery slot so i suppose it's inside then, plus I don't want to open up the laptop because wouldn't that interfere with my warranty? 

88 Posts

July 11th, 2014 08:00

Hi,

I check out Dell drivers on the site and notice that there was a newer driver for Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices, but problem is i'm not sure which to pick as there are two. One is for TouchPad_Driver_Synaptics_A02_W864W8.164-SETUP_ZPE.exe (26 MB) and the other is Input_Driver_15K08_WN_17.0.13.51_A02.EXE (34 MB). I dont understand if they have any help my issue or not

88 Posts

July 12th, 2014 14:00

Jeez man can I get some help here. Like you post 1 msg and disappear and i'm stuck with the problem. Not only that I got another problem. When I turn on the laptop i get a continues of load beeps and my keyboard lights up.

88 Posts

July 12th, 2014 15:00

--Update--

I have messed around to see if there could of been any issues with drivers for example the Geforce. I downloaded a driver for my model from Dell site and installed that also update Intel 4000 driver but from Intel site. But i'm unaware if this issue will occur again as it's a random event.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 13th, 2014 00:00

Hi Ds15,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and then rerun the diagnostics again to check. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, reply us back with the exact beep pattern you are recieving.

Please let me know the findings.

88 Posts

July 13th, 2014 09:00

Hi Ravi,

I seem to have the latest BIOS and when I started up the software it suggested to not update the BIOS to the same version. Also could you check out for me if my warranty has been transferred to my current laptop as when I check out my warranty on dells website or "My dell". It doesn't seem to be there. As I have a 1 year warranty and another 1 year accidental warranty.

July 15th, 2014 21:00

Hi. Really need your assistance. My laptop keyboard has completely stopped working. I followed the above instructions, but can't find where to take off battery. Please assist. Graduate program assignments need to be done asap. Thank You! Dianne Rodríguez  <ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> It is 10:24pm, and I don't mind a phone call.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 16th, 2014 05:00

Hi Danny,

Sorry for the delayed response as I was on my weekly offs. The battery is customer replaceable unit on Dell Inspiron 7537 which can be removed from the system to perform the above steps mentioned in my previous post. Please let me know exact model so that I could assist you further.

88 Posts

July 16th, 2014 16:00

Hi Ravi,

It's ok. The issue is in progress of being fixed.

No Events found!