Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 12th, 2017 08:00

Cursor problem

Hi, I have an Inspiron 17 windows 10 home

My problem is that the mouse cursor keeps jumping to the top of the screen.

I have searched the internet and tried several suggested solutions ( unchecked enhance pointer precision, disabled touchpad ) nothing seems to work unless I turn off the laptop and turn it back on,  but it doesn't last for long until it does it again, and I can't do anything when it happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Keith

• 

16.9K Posts

December 13th, 2017 05:00

SOULSPINNER45,

Below are some links with information to help resolve the mouse issue on your laptop.

How to Troubleshoot and Resolve an Erratic cursor on a Dell Notebook PC

What can I do if my touchpad makes the cursor behave erratically?

December 13th, 2017 11:00

Well i couldn't understand the reply, as i have an Inspiron 17 laptop and not a latitude, it is also a 64 bit  not a 32 bit'

I decided to reinstall windows 10, but it is doing exactly the same thing so, it's obviously something to do with the laptop and not software, funny as it is just out of warranty so can't get anything done about it.

Also i can't find any tochpad drivers on the Dell website to download

• 

16.9K Posts

December 15th, 2017 04:00

soulspinner45,

Which specific Inspiron 17 Model do you have?  Did you choose your specific system and OS installed from the Support Page?

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

December 15th, 2017 08:00

It is a Dell Inspiron 17 7778 2 in 1  and I bought it from Dell as sold on the website with no additions or extras

December 15th, 2017 09:00

I did a scan from the dell website and it said there was a problem with the fan, so I cleaned it, did another full scan and it said there was no problems with the laptop,  but it is still doing it

No Events found!