Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2014 15:00

Can only print one document and then have to restart computer to print any more documents.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r and a Dell v313w I purchased in November 2010, both are wireless and connected through a gateway/router that have been very great over the years but about a year or so ago I noticed each time I would try to print out multiple documents I could only get one document to print out, it could include one sheet or many sheets . Any others documents would be stuck in the print queue listed as " printing " but would never print out unless I restarted the computer then it would print out all documents one after another just as they had been entered complete with all sheets per document accounted for and in correct order. After the printer had finished printing all the documents if I needed to print another document I would have the same headache all over again and the document would remain in the queue until I restarted the computer again. I'm not a spring chicken by any means and have to think logically went operating the computer or installing software so many of the technical jargon is something I really don't understand. Is there anyone that can give me a starting point for a very limited computer skilled person ? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and welcomed !!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 16:00

Hatman-6495,

It will revert back to IE10 or an earlier version.

Rick

July 2nd, 2014 16:00

Thank you Rick for the help.... heading over to IE 11 now to check it out... have a blessed one my friend !!

August 3rd, 2014 12:00

Thank you all for the help in solving the mystery of why I could only print out one document at a time instead of all the documents at the same time.   :emotion-21:

The problem was internet explorer version 11, after following you all's directions on how to remove the IE version 11 once again now the printer is printing whenever called upon to print out something !  :emotion-2: 

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

Rick:  Found your response to this person's (Hatman) issue which was practically the same as ours and uninstalling IE11 did the trick.

Thank you thank you thank you.  We had installed this 313W this week having purchased an Inspiron 15 that was accompanied by this free printer back in 2009.  We never had a need for the printer until this week and it's been nothing but frustration for not only me (who's using it) but my software engineer husband.

I happened to be scrolling around the troubleshoot online area and this topic was at the very bottom of a list of issues....

We've been trying to print our click and ship USPS labels and it would allow us once.  Then it would croak.  The print queue would be blocked, had to restart computer to clear print queue and MAYBE I'd get another label printed, maybe not.  We had 100 orders to fill and mail.  You can imagine our frustration.  

Thank you again.  Uninstalling IE11 was the winner!!!!!!

happy coloradans

Rick if I click on UNINSTALL for IE 11 wouldn't that completely remove IE 11 which is the version I have now ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Hatman-6495,

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

1 Message

August 2nd, 2014 11:00

each time I would try to print out multiple documents I could only get one document to print out, it could include one sheet or many sheets . Any others documents would be stuck in the print queue listed as " printing " but would never print out unless I restarted the computer then it would print out all documents one after another just as they had been entered complete with all sheets per document accounted for and in correct order. After the printer had finished printing all the documents if I needed to print another document I would have the same headache all over again and the document would remain in the queue until I restarted the computer again. I'm not a spring chicken by any means and have to think logically went operating the

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2014 12:00

edwin_gysin,

In the December batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2014 21:00

Hatman-6495-David,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

August 11th, 2014 13:00

I'm having the same exact problem Rick, but when I check which IE version I have, it's 10.

Any fixes when you still have IE10?

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 11th, 2014 18:00

RHOWEILER,

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 22nd, 2014 14:00

yawningreyhound,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

January 20th, 2015 07:00

Email me replies to this post

2 Posts

February 10th, 2015 09:00

isn't it about time for DELL to quit passing the buck  and start providing some solutions??

Fix the problems or provide some new equipment!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2015 16:00

speerberry,

Microsoft created this problem with Internet Explorer 11.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

No Events found!