Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

K

1 Message

December 18th, 2018 05:00

My volume keeps turning itself down!

i bought my dell inspiron last year and this year the volume keeps reducing on its own. when i check the volume level it says that its on 100-which is the highest level. i try switching off and turning it back on but its the same thing all over again. what can i do

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 18th, 2018 05:00

Hi kosi2016,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please run a systems diagnostics by running Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages and post back.  If there are no error messages, then the issue may be software or driver related.

Check to be sure you have the latest bios and audio drivers installed.  You can find those by going to the support page for your model system.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

1 Message

December 19th, 2018 05:00

I'm having the exact same problem and am unable to get the volume bar to disappear from the left hand corner of my screen. Please it's almost impossible to open any programs without multiple clicks. This Inspiron 15 2 in 1 is by far the worst computer I've ever purchased.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 19th, 2018 05:00

Hi Rickicki,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your Insprion 15 is not performing as expected.

Please run a systems diagnostics by running Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages and post back.  If there are no error messages, then the issue may be software or driver related.

Check to be sure you have the latest bios and audio drivers installed.  You can find those by going to the support page for your model system.

If your bios and drivers are up to date, then your chipset drivers may need to be reinstalled.  If all that is working then your Operating System may have become corrupted, and may need to be reinstalled.  You should immediately make a back up of your data, and check to see if you have copies of your programs, so that you won't have a data loss should you need to reinstall the OS.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

December 14th, 2019 14:00

Hello,

I started having the same issue with the Dell 15 two in one.  Love the answer from the community master.  Such a cookie-cutter answer.  I wonder how many times he uses that in his answers.  He definitely didn't write it all out.

Used to love Dell's but my loyalty is being tested.

1 Message

September 28th, 2020 15:00

I have a dell inspiron 13 series 5000, the volume will nt stay up.  As soon as I adjust the bar it moves by itself to the off position.  The sound bar is also stuck on the left side of the screen and has an X at the bottom.

I've run diagnostics.

Should I replace the battery?  How long should the battery last?  I've had the laptop for about two years but have used it for about two months and then this happened.

Thank you

November 14th, 2022 03:00

I have replied to similar question in this thread. Just close the laptop, flip it upside down and tap multiple times on back side of laptop. Some key must have been stuck up somewhere which is turning down the volume. That key will get released (and lot of dust will come out on the screen due to tapping from keyboard so be ready to clean the screen). 

This resolved my problem once. All the best!

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 14th, 2022 23:00

The volume buttons are either physically damaged or bent so it's doing it automatically.. probably because you dropped the phone and it dented the volume buttons… in this case, you'll have to either try to straighten the volume button back up (if it's even possible) or simply just replace the volume buttons

No Events found!