Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 19th, 2020 13:00

2nd monitor not detected on nvidia control panel

Help!! I have a dell g7 i9750 rtx 2070 gaming laptop. And I have an acer predator XB271HUBmiprz gaming monitor as my 2nd monitor. I’ve been connecting them with a 3rd party HDMI to HDMI cable I bought from amazon and it’s been working fine for almost 2months. Then I discovered that my monitor is only running at 60FPS max when it should 144fps. I tried reading some trends in the internet and I found out that HDMIs only support until 60fps and only DP cables can support up to 144 fps. The cable that came in with the monitor when I bought it is just DP to DP cable and my laptop only has HDMI, MiniDP and thunderbolt 3 video ports- hence the reason I bought the HDMI to HDMI cable. So to utilise the 144fps of the acer monitor, I had to buy a thunderbolt to DP cable because I read some trends in some forums that this worked for them. The thing is, my monitor is indeed running at 144fps and is detected in the display settings however it’s not detected in Nvidia control panel plus it’s using the iGPU of the laptop instead of the graphic card (rtx 2070). So as a summary: 1) Dell G7 laptop to acer gaming monitor using HDMI to HDMI cable utilises the graphic card, no problems with detecting monitor both display settings and nvidia control panel but monitor only runs at 60fps max 2) Dell G7 laptop to acer gaming monitor using thunderbolt to DP cable makes monitor run at 144fps, can be detected on display settings but not on nvidia control panel plus it only uses the iGPU of the laptop. The end-result I am hoping for if possible is to connect the laptop to the monitor using the thunderbolt to DP cable, be detected both in display settings and nvidia control panel, run at 144fps and is utilising the graphic card (rtx 2070) rather than the iGPU. Or if you have suggestions on what cable I should that would definitely gice the results mentioned above. Additional info: Laptop video ports: HDMI x 1, MiniDP x 1, Thunderbolt x 1 Monitor ports: HDMI x 1, DP x 1 Thank you!

No Responses!
No Events found!