Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2009 16:00

web cam not working with msn messenger

hi,

can any body help  me solve my problem of web cam not working with msn messenger while it works fine when used in dell web cam central application.

I have tried different things but problem is still there.

4.6K Posts

December 6th, 2009 10:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I'm afraid we're going to need more info from you, before we can offer specific suggestions?

First of all... what model desktop system do you have, and what OS are you using?

I have tried different things but problem is still there.

That tells us nothing of importance.

Is it an external webcam?  What specific make/model is it?

Have you tried reinstalling the webcam software/drivers for instance?  Have you tried reinstalling/updating MSN/WLM Messenger?

And although it might seem an obvious place to try and get help... did you try Googling the problem, before posting here on the forums?

Among the first few hits, is this 'How to use webcams on MSN Messenger' :emotion-55:

2 Posts

December 7th, 2009 16:00

The system i have is Studio XPS 1340 and it has got built in web cam.

Well, i did try reinstalling web cam itself, drivers and windows live messenger in fact i even ran recovery disks for my system.

And further more web cam works fine with yahoo messenger and skype.

But i do not know why it doesn't work with msn messenger.

4.6K Posts

December 8th, 2009 09:00

The system i have is Studio XPS 1340...

And the OS is?

I'm not being pedantic in asking that.  It's important, because specific suggestions might vary depending on which OS you're using.

In the meantime... did you try the advice offered in the second link I gave you ('How to use webcams on MSN Messenger') in my initial reply? 

No Events found!