Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2008 12:00

XPS 720 with Vista Ultimate and Photoshop Extended?

Another quick question before I make my purchase... Does anyone know if the XPS 720 with Windows Vista Ultimate has any problems running Photoshop Extended (actually the full Adobe Creative Suite 3)? Considering: XPS 720 Vista Ultimate 24" Monitor 3072MB DDR2 1.5 TB Serial ATA Raid 0 Dual 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX Thanks for any advice...

7 Posts

January 9th, 2008 18:00

Thanks for your reply. What hardware are you thinking about in your note (besides the XPS 720 I am buying)? Is there other hardware considerations that I am missing - I use Wacom Intuos and will have the Dell 24" flat panel screen. Appreciate your thoughts.

1.7K Posts

January 9th, 2008 18:00

u should have no problem with that software , but get good hardware to go along with it.

3.3K Posts

January 9th, 2008 21:00

Looks like a good setup, although I don't care for the SLI.
That should be an awesome machine!!!

1.7K Posts

January 10th, 2008 00:00

gdwrnch3
 is correct u have set up a very good pc.. and that software should run with no glitches

7 Posts

January 10th, 2008 05:00

Thank you. The graphics card option was the only one offered to me when I went ahead and placed the order. Is SLI something I need to turn off, or is it an integral part of the card?

Does Dell (UK, London) allow me to use something else if SLI is a dog?

I don't do much gaming, but would really like this machine to run them nicely when I do play! :)

My current PC over-heats when I am in a serious Photoshop session or even using Adobe Bridge heavily. Also have troubles with it over-heating with Crysis. Hince, the Dell purchase!

Any suggestions on video card options I can try to change my order to?

THanks again!

39 Posts

January 10th, 2008 17:00

I have an XPS 720 running Vista Home Premium 32-bit on one HD and Vista Ultimate 64-bit on a 2nd HD with Adobe CS3 Design Premium installed on both.  With the 32-bit Vista, CS3 works good but doesn't compare at all to how it runs on the 64-bit version.  I'm not sure how much RAM you have installed but if its 4 GB or more I would definitely recommend one of Window's 64-bit OS's.  It makes a world of difference, especially when your working with very large Photoshop files.    

7 Posts

January 11th, 2008 05:00

Thank you for this! I do work with Raw from a Canon 1ds and 5D, so rather large files. I have 3gb RAM now, but will definitely ask for another and see about upgrading OS as well if required. Appreciate all the input!
No Events found!