Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2009 11:00

Download Manager and Audio Driver download

Recently had to reformat my system (Dimension 3000).  System disk did not restore audio driver.  Attempted several downloads of this driver and don't know what I am doing wrong.  Don't know if I am using download manager correctly, if  download manager  is set up properly, where do locate audio download (in my computer files).  Anyway, download has not been successful and I have no sound.  Any suggestions or assistance appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 13:00

First, don't use the Dell download manager.  Just download like you would a file from some other site.  The Download Manager has be troublesome.

However, with a new install, the correct and required install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Intel Chipset drivers (3) install device drivers such as sound, video, etc.  The chipset drivers MUST be installed before installing the sound drivers.  The chipset drivers are the most often skipped item and are key to a successful reinstall.  If you try to install the sound without the chipset drivers, the sound device will not be found.

HERE is the Dell downloads.  Just click on "download now" for each driver.

If you skipped the Intel Chipset Drivers, you can install them now and then the sound and it will usually work OK. In a few cases a complete and correct install is required to get everything working.

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 10:00

fireberd,

Thanks so much !  Appreciated your prompt (and CORRECT) information.

No Events found!