Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2016 07:00

Alienware Area-51 R2 system freezing problem and even keyboard is not responding totally

Alienware Area-51 R2  

I bought my alienware desktop 3 weeks ago for £2500. For 1 week, I didn't have any problems and then my problem is started within the 2nd week and still I have this problem. I reported this issue to dell support at 3rd week ( and I still wait their answer ) after I returned to computer to its factory settings to fix this problem but nothing changed. Thus, I wanted to get some help and support from forum if you know how to fix this issue :(.

My problem is " When I open any kind of program or when I play any kind of game after a certain of time like 30 minutes sth generally  my computer totally freeze and even the keyboard is not working which makes me to shut down the all computer from power supply button... then I try to re-open the computer and only alienware emblem with loading appears without any respond + keyboard become in offline mode too. After 2-3 tries I can reopen the computer but the freezing issue still continues. I checked this issue on the google and it seems most of alienware users with windows 10 pro experienced it. I cannot find any solution how to fix it. Is the Dell ( Alienware ) sent me a broken desktop or what that I paid £2500 to experience this issue starting with the 2nd week !!! It seems this issue is random and started to be a certain problem because I even cannot use my python, arduino, eclipse, or play any kind of games in long term anymore and I am really *** off now. This is my only computer right now and I am doing my master degree on artifcial intelligence and robotics in England too. Shortly, I work on computers so much too. If dell sent me a defective desktop why I paid £2500 for it.... When you send your computer to repair it doesn't come for a long time too !!!!!

Is there anyone would help me to fix this problem in my computer please ? I run the dell diagnostic test too and it says there is no problem with your computer. But then why am I experiencing this issue now ? 

Note:

Do you know why I bought a desktop this time ? Because I was using alienware 18 laptop for +3 years which is not even producing anymore and this laptop served me very nice too which I didn't experience any of these problem I encountered with my current alienware desktop... But my laptop's dual graphic card is burned and thy said me it will be costed too much and the repair will take a long time because it is an old alienware laptop model ( but I was paid the same amount for my laptop 3 years ago like my current desktop, and it was the best laptop too at that time anyway ) so this time I decided to buy a desktop but I have this problem already!!! 

imagizer.imageshack.us/.../WlziS0.png

210-ADHC : Area 51 Base
338-BKFD : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K Pro cessor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, T urbo Boost Max 3.0,Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz)
619-AHCR : Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
555-BCFD : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 @ 5GHz + Bluetooth
490-BDGD : NVDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 w ith 8GB GDDR5X
389-BFTB : Regulatory Label (850W)
389-BHGE : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 Label
470-AATE : UK 250V Power Cord
429-AAMV : Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Re ader
400-AMRQ : 512GB Solid State Drive
370-ACUQ : 32GB Quad Channel DDR4 2133MHz (8GB x 4)
340-AMZQ : Placemat (English/Danish/Spani sh/Norwegian/Swedish)
340-ACCX : English, French, German, Itali an, Dutch Shipping Docs
340-AMZS : Alienware Centuari Packaging
321-BCHS : BDW-E 850W Chassis
658-BDBL : Additional Software Area 51

184 Posts

November 21st, 2016 01:00

Hi mekaci,

Greetings,

We're listening. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I request you to follow the instructions from the link shared here http://dell.to/2eWoPxc and let us know the outcome. 

I also request you to share the system service tag, registered owner's name and email via private message so that we will review the details and assist you further.

You could send a private message by hovering the mouse over my username and by adding me as a friend.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 21st, 2016 12:00

mekaci

Best to post this in the Alienware Owners Club Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/default.aspx

Bev.

11 Posts

December 10th, 2016 15:00

Alienware X51 Freezing! Can't play games for more than 10 minutes! Had to force-restart more than 10 times yesterday.

I checked internet and many people experienced these at alienware x51 r2 serious. I have done everything that dell support said me to do; and still I have this non-sense freezing issue at my new desktop starting from 2nd week after I got my desktop ( which I paied £2500 for it ). I made ticket to dell support and still noone helps me. If you don't believe me  come and connect my desktop with teamviewer and see yourself too DELL SUPPORT. When I play a game more than 30 minutes or 60 minutes I am experiencing this freezing issue and speaker voice is cutting down and weird noises and all computer freezing and I cannot use anything. This issue happens when I watch tv series or when I do my robotic projects on my computer etc.

Please would you help me to fix this problem ? I am really regretting to buy and pay £2500 for alienware desktop :( My alienware 18 laptop was much better than this alienware x51 r2 desktop really which I used for 4 years without any problem ( only 1 time I repaired my alienware laptop before which dell was given me a totally new one and all my problems were fixed while I was in Turkey ). I came to England now for my master degree on artificial intelligence and robotics and I will stay in England 3 years at least too so I wanted to buy a cool desktop to myself but I have this issue more than +1.5 months and even dell support doesn't help me at all. How can I send back this desktop to you and get a working one without any problems ? thank you.

These are the links below that other people experienced the same things like me and right now I experience the same things too non stop :(

No Events found!