Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

60 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 09:00

Dell Customer Support - Horrible!

I am a long-time Dell customer, but will never buy a Dell again after my recent experience with them. 

I have had a technician come out several times to "fix" my laptop - but each time the replacement motherboard has been faulty. It is incredibly frustrating. When I ask for help from customer support they just go in circles. Customer support does not communicate with each other; every time I call I get the same questions over and over and no progress is made. Others have described similarly horrible experiences on this forum. 

I am also in the same boat as many others and have to wait an extremely long time, in my case over a month, for the replacement parts to arrive and be installed. I don't quite understand what the point of the "warranty" is if the "rapid service" actually means months of having an unusable product. 

Dell - you have greatly disappointed me and have failed to keep a long-time customer loyal. I will never buy a Dell again after the experiences I've had the past month with your customer support team. 

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 13:00

I got you! Originally, I want to buy another XPS laptop as a gift for my sister (This is how I love XPS when I first received it).  However, the customer service basically ruins everything, and I am really hesitating to do it now. 

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

February 2nd, 2022 18:00

Save yourself the hassle and look elsewhere. Not only is the customer support a mess, but it seems the quality control is down as well. I received a damaged computer upon arrival, and now my replacement is basically being held ransom for unknown reasons. I've now waited double the amount of build/ship time as the original for the same exact PC. Not a top tier build by any means either.

60 Posts

February 3rd, 2022 10:00

Absolutely correct. Same experience I'm having. If I could return my product, I would. They just delayed shipping the replacement past the 30-day mark making a return impossible. So I'm stuck waiting for an eternity I guess...super frustrating. Your advice is spot on and a good warning to other customers - don't buy a Dell!

60 Posts

February 3rd, 2022 10:00

I loved my old XPS too! And I never had quality control issues before this with Dell. But at this point not only is the customer service horrendous, but the quality of their products is not what it used to be. Don't waste your money! I'd advise you to purchase a different brand of computer where you at least know you'll get a quality item. I'm certainly not the only one who has been dealing with these frustrating conditions.

I've read other posts on here that just affirm that the quality control at Dell is horrible and they won't fix anything in a timely manner. The warranty support is essentially a scam to force customers to be stuck waiting forever to get their expensive yet faulty products repaired! I hope you are able to buy a laptop as a gift that doesn't include dealing with Dell customer service and/or a faulty device!

No Events found!