Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2016 18:00

Dell Customer Data Breach?

Several months ago I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Dell.  he knew my name, phone number, address, and the date I purchased a Dell computer.  He knew the details of service requests I placed with Dell.  In other words he had data that only resided on Dell's customer service database.  I informed Dell of this and asked whether they had a data breach.  Dell denied this.

Tonight, I received 2 phone calls: first to my house phone and then immediately to my cell phone.  "Sam" again claimed to be from Dell and he once again started rattling off data on my Dell purchase.  This time he had my cell phone number nad knew it was also linked to my Dell purchase.

When will Dell admit to this data breach and tell its customers what it is doing for them?  My information has been compromised as have countless others.  Acknowledge this, tell us what you will do for us and let's move on.  Stop denying that the information didnt come from an internal server

1 Rookie

• 

189 Posts

September 27th, 2016 00:00

Hi,

We have reviewed your post and understand the situation. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We also thank you for bringing this to our attention. Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell. Unfortunately, technology phone scams have become prevalent across our industry. We’d love for you to take a moment to help us stop cybercriminals by reporting details about your interaction. Would you please complete this form www.dell.com/reportphonescams? This will allow us to investigate further.

If you have any questions, just ask. And if you know anyone not on these distribution lists that would benefit from this information, please pass it along.

No Events found!