Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2019 13:00

m17 R2, scrolling is jumpy and unresponsive

Brand new Alienware m17 R12. Even did a fresh install of windows and tried re-installing the touchpad drivers. When using two-finger scroll on the touchpad, it's jump, laggy, sometimes doesn't respond at all. What's going on here and how do I fix this? It makes even basic tasks very tedious and I feel like these issues should not be happening on a computer of this price (or any computer).

February 21st, 2020 07:00

Guys I figured it out!! It's a built in feature of Tobii Experience which unfortunately comes active out of the box. This is why all of our units are having the same issue brand new. You need to open the Tobii Experience app and head to the Experience tab. Then click Touch at gaze and finally turn off Scroll and Zoom at gaze. Also, click Mouse enhancements and disable the Warp feature. This should restore your scrolling back to normal! Alternatively you can just uninstall Tobii Experience altogether but there are some neat features like the Wake at gaze in there. Anyways, I hope this helps everyone! I've attached screenshots to help! Also sorry for the repeat posts, these forums are messy and you can't erase other posts. My screenshots weren't uploading for some reason.

Step 1: Step 1Step 1

Step 2:Step 2Step 2

1 Message

December 4th, 2019 01:00

Same thing here, brand new m17 R2, two-fingers scroll do not work at all.

Basically it only fires when releasing the trackpad, but as long as the fingers touch the trackpad, the scroll isn't fired.

This makes it completely unusable.

The weirdest in this is that three-fingers actions seem to work just fine

3 Posts

December 11th, 2019 17:00

Same! After reading the other reply though I do notice that light flicks seems to work for 2-finger scrolling. Maybe it was designed that way? It is kinda strange that regular scroll movement doesn't smoothly scroll like it ought to... not much finesse.

I'd love to know if this is intentional or fixable!

1 Message

January 5th, 2020 08:00

I'm having the same issue. Drives me crazy that. It's the little things I guess! Hopefully someone comes up with a fix soon.

Pics didnt attach. Ignore this post and read the one below it!

4 Posts

February 21st, 2020 21:00

This is definitely the solution! I have Tobii turned off, but still installed - It's still got some cool stuff I may use or take advantage of eventually. THAT BEING SAID: Turn off the two options that you mentioned, because the touchpad looks for their input even when Tobii is off. Because of this, it can be very jumpy, especially when scrolling, even when Tobii is on.

Thanks for the fix!

No Events found!