Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2018 20:00

15 R4, Constant Freezing

Hi,

I recently got an Alienware 15 R4 for gaming and school . Unfortunately, I'm having big problems with constant freezing.Smiley Sad The freezing sometimes occurs while I am working, but mostly when the system is idle.The system locks up completely.

Windows event viewer shows the following events consistently after startup, before lockup occurs:

1. The Bluetooth driver expected an HCI event with a certain size but did not receive it.

2. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&0.

So far I've tried the following:

Both of these seem to indicate driver issues. The first 1 is likely related to the bluetooth driver. A google search shows the second 1 is related to Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework.

- Updating all drivers and reinstalling drivers

- Windows System File Checker (SFC)

- Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management  (DISM)

None of these have made any difference. I hope someone can help me with this Smiley Frustrated

28 Posts

July 11th, 2018 17:00

Thanks for your help with this issue. I ran the diagnostic but it didn't show any problems.

The good news is that I was able to fix the problem It turns out it was the NVIDIA drivers for the GTX 1070 GPU. I had upgraded the NVIDIA GeForce drivers from the NVIDIA website and it seems this was causing the problem.

I was able to resolve this by uninstalling all the NVIDIA software, including the drivers, and then installing the GTX drivers on the Dell support site for the 15 R4. According to NVIDIA, these are not the latest version, but at least they work.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 11th, 2018 10:00

Hi @_OCB,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system (also run the extended part at the end), click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 12th, 2018 13:00

Great! Thanks for letting us know!

No Events found!