Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2012 10:00

alienfx, no pulse or morph when mouse over wheel

hello

I got my x51 days ago, and there is no option for me to add pulse or morh, or add a playlist in advanced alienfx. I removed and reinstalled alien command center, and still nothing. thanks in advance for the help

mrgoodwrench

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 10:00

mrgoodwrench,

* Open the AlienFX editor
* Remove the lighted square from Enable Advanced Settings. You are now in Basic mode
* Click a Zone
* Mouse over the colored wheel
* I show Actions - Color, Morph, Pulse

November 6th, 2012 15:00

thanks for your help Chris, however, I do not see a lighted box in anykind of advanced settings - running version 2.8.9.0

am I not looking in the right place, or am I blind

thanks for your help

mrgoodwrench

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 7th, 2012 06:00

Post a picture of what you see.

191 Posts

November 7th, 2012 07:00

I think the x51 didnt have this option... cant remember though, I would have to check mine.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 7th, 2012 08:00

kameix1,

That makes sense. The same software will be customized by the master I/O boards in each system.

November 7th, 2012 09:00

SO, now what do I do???

November 7th, 2012 10:00

Unfortunately the Alienware x51 doesn’t have the option to Morph or Pulse.

December 28th, 2012 03:00

This is unacceptable. There is no reason that we should not have this option. It has been almost a year now and you guys have not taken care of this. I have a m14x r2 and a x51. My laptop morphs, but not my desktop? I will spread the word to others and call and complain about this until you guys fix this. This is just laziness as far as I can tell. I have been telling everyone about how impressed I have been with alienware  so far, but this really upsets me. I hope that you will express my concerns to them for me also. A simple update could fix this, get it handled!!!

December 28th, 2012 03:00

Chris,

I have seen a lot of your replies regarding peoples issues and you seem to be very helpful and genuine. I felt like I should take the time to express my dissatisfaction with the issue on this particular forum. One of the reasons that I bought both my X51 and my m14x r2 both this year was the design and cool lighting effects. The lack of the morph feature in the X51 is a huge disappointment that I have tolerated for approaching a year now. I have been unable to find a legitimate reason for alienware leaving this feature out. I have been a good ambassador for alienware when talking to people, posting videos on youtube, posting a review on dell.com, etc. I also took the time to go out of my way to commend the dell sales team and technical support team several times with surveys, emails to supervisors, etc. I feel like my purchase of two computers in one year, spreading the word about alienware, and trying to give back to you guys grants me the right for my voice to be heard on this matter. This needs to be fixed ASAP so me and all of the other consumers that have made the X51 such a successful system can enjoy what ALL other alienware PCs offer. Forward this to whomever needs to read it. It has already been almost a year so lets get this fixed. Thank you in advance Chris. Happy Holidays.  

1 Message

July 9th, 2013 10:00

Liliceman0819, The reason is Alienware Sold it to dell so yea... BLAME DELL!

No Events found!