Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2016 16:00

PC freezes when playing a game.

Hello, a month ago i started having problems with my Aurora R4.I was just playing a game when suddenly my pc froze, i could still hear the game sound(sometimes i don't) but i could not move my mouse or open the task manager with my keyboard,so i had to reboot my pc pressing the start up key. I checked support assist out in the system history tab and got a bunch of system event warnings about app crashes that did not pop up or anything so i didnt know about them unless i checked it, after 2 days it crashed. So i was just sick of all the problems i had with windows files that were corrupted and could not me repaired(and the app crashes) that i just installed windows 10 to hopefully repair those. after i installed windows 10 i had no problems for a week untill today. Playing some overwatch and my pc froze again giving me the app crash errors in support assist.. i don't know what to do anymore now so i hope you guys could help me out here would really appreciate it. Sorry for my bad english. 

Thanks in advance, Vollusion.

Some of the problems not gonna type it all since its alot to type.

Errorbucket:128854192907, type 7

Name of event CLR20r3  Something the IAStoreDataMgrSvc.exe crashing.

Errorbucket , Type 0 

Name of event APPCRASH Something with ARK that crashed wich is weird because i was not playing Ark at the time of the freeze.

Errorbucket: 116192808607, type 5

Name of event: BEX Something with battlenet crashing..

Seeing all these errors makes me really worried, and i really hope it can be fixed.. 

Thanks again if you read all of it and willing to help me i would appriciate it alot!!

July 18th, 2016 17:00

What are your system specs my friend ? Have you tried installing latest graphics drivers with uninstalling the previous ones from clean install ?

July 18th, 2016 17:00

Also , could be Windows update that caused something. Can you reinstall Windows with repair install and disable Windows update ?

8 Posts

July 18th, 2016 19:00

Installed the latest drivers for my graphics card, tried to re install windows before when i still had windows 8 but files were corrupted even after i tried to go to fabrics installation.. (checked that with sfc scannow in promt, Thats why i went to windows 10 to hopefully fix those.)

Alienwar Aurora R4

Win 10

GTX760

intel core I7 4820k cpu@3.70ghz

64bit

July 18th, 2016 20:00

Was it working a week ago ? Did Windows update install anything ?

8 Posts

July 19th, 2016 04:00

windows 8 did not work great for me, i was having problems with it on and off times at random times(fixed those with going back to fabrics instalation) its seemed to be the best option at the time for me. Since i upgraded to windows 10 a week ago i didnt have much trouble untill yesterday..(did only froze once after i restarted i was able to play and do whatever i do again)

is there a chance these ''app crashes" are the cause of the freezes? and yes windows 10 installed updates since he does it automaticly when i wanna turn off my computer.

July 19th, 2016 07:00

yes could be , if you know what apps maybe causing it you can try to disable them in msconfig to not load on start up. also disable windows update. you can google it to see how to disable windows update for windows 10 because it has to be done manually but please have your anti virus definitions up to date and anti spyware program. are you running any firewall program? also what resolution are you running the game at? try running the game as admin and run compatibility as windows vista.

8 Posts

July 21st, 2016 12:00

Ok i found out that  IAStoreDataMgrSvc.exe is from Intel Rapid Storage Technology si i don't really know what that means that that is crashing...

A few days ago i was playing ark for about 2 to 2:30 hours, it ran without problems some big lag spikes sometimes, but its ark its a buggy game. After 20 seconds or so after i close the game my pc froze again.. Could still talk with a buddy of me that i was on teamspeak with.. i had to shut the pc down again with the power button. Tried to restart it and i didnt work.. my pc started beeping 6 times .(wich i think is from the ram or harddrive or something) i checked everything scanning it for problems with support assist before and i didnt have problems with it.. So i pulled out my power cable waited for about 5 minutes and tried again, and started up slow but not super slow(about 1 to 1:30 mins).

I tried putting every game in admin mode and running it as win7 i tried a few games and didnt crash so far. for now my pc is running almost 2 days without a crash now.

Oh and i scanned my pc with malwarebytes and it found 2 errors

Registersleutels: 1

PUP.Optional.PriceFountain, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{BB776AAB-4478-4993-8C87-9456753847A3}, Verwijder-bij-herstart, [1b8b69bd94064ee8d17948a836cdf907],

Registerwaarden: 1

PUP.Optional.PriceFountain, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\SCHEDULE\TASKCACHE\TASKS\{BB776AAB-4478-4993-8C87-9456753847A3}|Path, \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\8.1 auto install v2, Verwijder-bij-herstart, [1b8b69bd94064ee8d17948a836cdf907]

Its in dutch since i'm from belgium, but Verwijder-bij-install means delete on restart if it would be helpfull.

July 21st, 2016 13:00

That's good my friend , but to be on safe side try to get a new set of ram sticks and new graphics card.

See if it helps if it crashes again. Buy it from a shop where you can return them for full refund Incase it does not solve it. Also try updating the Intel rapid storage driver.

What ever malware bytes says to delete it would be safe to as long as the definitions were up to date when scan was running.

Ram sticks of same model and speed as current ones*

8 Posts

July 21st, 2016 15:00

Why should i try with a new video card btw? i don't think mines causing problems tbh..

8 Posts

July 24th, 2016 05:00

So, today i booted my pc and it started beeping 6 times again.. pulled out power cable again waited a bit and something happend i have no idea what, but i came on a screen where i had to choose my language and after choosing my language i came on a screen with repair option, advanced options ,ect..(something from windows i think i was there before with the same problem) i went to go top windows 10 to ''go to windows login screen'' and i brought me back to choosing the language screen.. tried it a few times but it brought me back to the same thing every time.. like an endless loop of it.

So i pulled out all my RAM and put my old RAM from my old pc in my alienware( Its DDR3) and it started up no problem.. i think i should test wich ram is broken but i'm gona test with this first.. because with my DDR5 ram sometimes it would give me the 6 beep error and after a while of trying it would start up anyway... its so weird.

No Events found!