Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2016 11:00

Alienware m11 r1 and Dell Wireless 5530 HSPA Mobile Broadband windows 7 not work ???

Hello guys,

I have a Dell Alienware m11 r1 with windows 7 64B and I decide to upgrade WWAN card ( 5530 HSPA ) 

I install drivers manually but I can't manage to start broadband or gps.

I install (Dell Mobile Broadband Utility) but result in a : NO DEVICE DETECTED !

I try all drivers and software but I can't manage to start this card....:( some  drivers I try to install give me error signed or incompatible .....or something like that. 

In  Control Pannel - Location and other sensors ....i can see : DELL WIRELESS 5530 HSPA GPS PORT (COM7) and box trick.

I insert sim card in slot but nothing...

In device manager all drivers are installed.

I really need your help.

Thank you so much guys.

Best regards,

Marian

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 4th, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

I’m not really understanding which Wi-Fi card you currently have installed and want to use. Can you confirm the name of the card that you upgraded to?

March 4th, 2016 14:00

Hello Rodrigo,

I upgrade my Alienware m11  r1 with wwan card  Ericsson KM266 F3507G  in device manager appear Dell wireless 5539 HSPA mini card  GPS/Broadband. I found drivers in format RAR arhive and install all drivers. If I try with drivers from Dell website appear error to contact dell. On different forums other people manage to make this card to work on broadband with Vodafone mobile connect but on my laptop nothing....

Even after install all drivers appear gps sensor installed on this laptop but nothing.... no transfer gps or data.

I try to install Sony mobile connect and same...no device found .

I can see  is in system but windows don't want to leave access  to this wwan.

I upgrade bios A05 ...some users said if I upgrade bios mother will enable wan port.

Only thing I don't try at the moment  is to Install a fresh windows 10 from windows 7  64Bit.

Do you think windows 10Pro will find and install drivers for  this Dell wireless 5530 Hspa minicard???

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,

Marian 

March 6th, 2016 04:00

I come back with some news....

After I install windows 8.1 pro and install drivers I test hardware GPS and MODEM on Dell website the result are :

Issues Found.

Your result requires attention. Review the affected hardware below and follow the instructions to troubleshoot problems or you may be presented with a request to replace parts.

Needs Attention:

System maintenance

Modem

A potential hardware fault has been identified. Additional troubleshooting may be required to identify the specific issue.  
If the system is still under warranty, please contact Dell Technical Support for additional assistance. 
Note: Warranty details can be viewed at the top of this page or on Dell's My Products and Services page.

GPS Sensor
GPS Lock Test
 No Signal

GPS Sensor
GPS Communication Test
 Passed

GPS Sensor
GPS Interactive Test
 Passed

GPSDirect Sensor
GPS Lock Test
 No Signal

GPSDirect Sensor
GPS Communication Test
 Passed

GPSDirect Sensor
GPS Interactive Test
 Passed

Modem
Hardware Type
Diagnostic Name
Result

Dell Wireless 5530 HSPA Mini-Card Modem #2
Modem Loopback Test
 Failed

Modem Self Testing Loopback Test
 Failed

Fax Command Test
 Failed

Last Call Test
 Failed

Dial Tone Test
 Failed
I got 2 wireless cards 5530 Hspa  and same results......
I use antennas  AIRGAIN N2420 
Please can you let my know in witch windows it is 100% compatible this wireless card ?
On Dell website when i try to search for drivers for this Wireless dell 5530 Hspa mini card after service tag ....I do not found.
It is possible WWAN slot on this mother board be deactivated ?
I have BIOS A05 version.
WITCH MODEL OF WWAN GPS AND BROADBAND WORK 100% ON ALIENWARE M11 R1 ???????
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Marian 

901 Posts

March 6th, 2016 15:00

I think I had a similar problem with a M11xR2, but it was quite a while ago now so I can't remember the exact details.

I have a suspicion it's the WWAN card that is causing the issue, I think it may be the incorrect item for your laptop.

Like I said I had the same issue, but it was around 3 years ago, from memory it was the Ericson card, it will not work in a M11x, I sort of remember confirming this when I went to purchase another, I asked the seller if the one I was about to purchase would suit my laptop as the one I had purchase recently did not, he asked me for the part number and name of the WWAN card and told me it was the wrong one, the one I ended up purchasing from him did work, I think is was a Dell 5550

March 6th, 2016 16:00

Thank you AndreSi for your unswer. Was very nice If Dell make easy this process with drivers and compatibility...

I need to kbow with wwan gps/ broadband it is compatible with Alienware M11 R1 windows 7 64Bit.

Thank you

901 Posts

March 7th, 2016 04:00

I found a few threads that may relate to this.

If your in Europe, your completely out of luck with WWAN

http://www.techmadeeasy.co.uk/2011/07/18/upgrade-your-alienware-m11x-r2/

Read these two threads, the first one suggests that dell have lock the bios one of two ways, either to a specific WWAN card, and if the WWAN feature was not installed during build.

The second one gives a list of the official WWAN cards that are supposed to work with the M11x

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/m11x-wwan-card-info-thread.463894/page-6

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19448609

No Events found!