Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 16th, 2021 16:00

Alienware R11 AUDIO ISSUES/ CASE RGB QUESTIONS

Hello and thanks ahead of time for helping a fellow in need of clarity.

I love everything about my new R11 except the fact that i cant get the audio to work. I have tried 2 different sound cards, 2 different usb DACs and cannot get a clean audio sample. no matter the hardware my audio comes out very distorted, with pops and clicks then dies out completely. after testing the hardware in other computers and confirming that they work i have come to the conclusion that it is a motherboard issue.

I would love to first know if i have made a wrong diagnosis and if anyone else has had the same issue or any solutions regarding this.

My next question comes to the rgbs for the case on the r11. I am looking into the most compatible motherboards for the job and wanted to know compatiblity with alienware command center to change the rbgs with a non alienware mobo. most mobos come with 4 pin connectors but alienware seems to have whats called a tron-light cable that looks like a 24/ or 12 pin? anyone know if this is even possible?

Thank you!

https://www.dell.com/community/image/serverpage/image-id/71902i5148ED455B0627BD/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 16th, 2021 17:00

Other things to try are:

1.  Selecting playback devices and configuring your speakers.

2.  Checking for loose cables inside the PC to the motherboard.

3.  Downloading the latest audio (realtek) drivers direct from Dell for the R11.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 16th, 2021 17:00

Try opening up the Alienware sound center and changing from the default (gaming mode) and changing it to music mode instead.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

February 17th, 2021 09:00

The audio solution on my R10  is sub par. It's a custom Realtek audio DAC, and it is . I popped in a SB Z and it's night and day difference.

Now when you say you hear it distorted, what are you using to listen to the audio? If you are using head phones, are you always using the front audio jack?

If you are using an external USB solution, and you get the same issue, I would likely point to your head phones or speaker solution being the issue. Are you using the same headphones/speakers when you try this in another location?

It could be a left over driver interfering with the new audio driver, but I would find it highly unusual if it did that on 4 different driver installations. I would look at headphones/speakers or audio out jack if you use the same audio jack on each solution. (When you are using a USB audio solution you have to use the outputs from the USB devices, not the existing jacks on your alienware.)

No Events found!