Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

November 16th, 2021 11:00

AW3418HW, one horizontal line, small scratch

There is a horizontal line across my monitor I bought from Amazon that just showed up after the 2 year warranty period. I contacted both Dell/Alienware for help with no luck. Alienware told me the monitors dont have service tags on them and I would have to contact Dell. Dell refuses to help me saying I don't have a service tag. Contacted Amazon and they told me they are only able to provide the order invoice not the billing invoice Dell needs. They also suggested running support assist for the serial number, when I run it, it says my serial number is "System Serial Number".  Any advice on how I can get rid of the line? I also tried to change the resolution and run the diagnostic test. Both did not work.

Anyone know how to get rid of a small scratch on the monitor? I tried using a magic eraser, but it didn't work. I called Dell for out of warranty services, but they told me they don't fix monitors and to take it locally...any other options?

horizontal line across screenhorizontal line across screen

scratch.JPG

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 17th, 2021 04:00

Open the monitor menu. Somewhere in there it should list the model number. The Others section might list the private Service Tag number. Check the rear label. You should see a 20 digit serial and Service Tag number. Check those and provide the numbers to the DELL-Cares agent via their private messages.

3 Posts

November 17th, 2021 11:00

I am still not finding the private service tag number in the monitor menu., it gives me language, transparency, and timer.

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

November 18th, 2021 06:00

I am not aware of any fix for the scratch.

They were incorrect when stating, "Technically the monitor doesn't have a service tag". Correct, the Service Tag is not in this menu. All AW3418HW should have a label on it with Service Tag, Express Service Code, 20 digit serial number.

Open the online AW3418HW User's Guide to page 10.

capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Now go to page 62. Run the stand alone Built-in diagnostics. Does the one horizontal line appear on the colored diagnostics screens?

3 Posts

November 21st, 2021 19:00

Yes, the horizontal line appears throughout the whole test

No Events found!